HIV Prevention Community
symptoms

A place to get help from others in assessing your risk of HIV, getting advice about HIV testing or the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices.

symptoms

hi i had an anal sex with a sex worker and during it my precaution broke it was only 3 or 4 shots when i pulled it out. after 3 days i started feeling exhausted and fever and heating eyes from 98.6-98.9 no other symptoms and my wife also felt same after three days. it has been 7 weeks since then and i am not feeling 100% just heating eyes and headache near eye. my wifes head is aching since then till now. our all results were normal no fever o flu was found. now i am having a sore throat and even our symptoms resembles. so can u tell me if it could be HIV symptoms. and when should i get tested. please reply at the earliest.
You can have a DUO test at 4 weeks and then follow up at 3 months.
can some1 pls tell whether are symptoms or not....
HIV has no specific symptoms and the only way to diagnose HIV is by testing, you can test 3 months post exposure to obtain a conclusive test result.
what the heck are "heating eyes"?

you had a NORMAL temperature...no fever

symptoms dont diagnose hiv...only a test can do that.

since it has been 7 weeks since your exposure...you can have a simple antibody test done.  this will give you a very good indication of your status.  follow up at 3 months for a conclusive result.
i thing i want to ask how much time can acute symptoms prolong?????
4 days to 2 weeks--just take an HIV test at the correct time.
ARS if one has it at all  comes on 2-4 weeks and lasts about 1-2 weeks.
means it cant be for 7 weeks..  r u sure ? but main thing is that me and my partner get some symptoms like now i had a sore tongue shes also having the same... its a geographic tongue.. and how accurate can a blood test be in the 8th week..
No it can't but symptoms or lack of symptoms will not tell you anything about your status.