HIV Prevention Community
test results

If you believe you have been exposed to HIV and want help to judge your risk, would like advice about HIV testing, or have questions about the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices, this is the site for you.

test results

Dear Dr Hansfield .

I am writing to you as I and my wife still very concerned and desperate looking for help, we have now a severe neureupathy that the neuro cant help, as he said we have to treat the source of it, we both, have oral thrush (that is resisting medication), painful swollen lymph nodes in neck, armpit, groin, behind knee, in feet,  I have men yeast infection, I have developped severe headack in the back of the head, and recently blurred vision, and increasing floater, and light flash in eyes, I had appointement with the eyes Dr next week, the ID think that my CMV (from my childhood infection) could be involved as the CMV last titer test  is elevated.
my latest CD4 count  has fallen to 490 (from 920 since 4 month back),  CD8 870 , the CD4/CD8 ration is now 0,56  it was 1,2  back 4 month. We both have now (6 month for me and 3 for my wife) severe neutropenia, low palettes, low WBC.

I have those tests up to 6 months : 21 Elisa combo ag/ab test, 1 abbot third generation HIV 1/2, and 0,  1 CMIA antibody test, 1 antigen test, 1 viral load Roche amplicor 1.5 V, 1 Aptima ROCHA NAT. ALL NEGATIVE.
MY wife has 2 Negative  ELISA combo test up to 14 weeks. Negative.

The ID cant help as he rouled out all STD, Lymes. lupus....etc

The ID said that he cant help as I rouled out all STD, Lymes. lupus....etc, but he said I have to carry on testing that only option remaining,  but I will not do. I am convainced that its the solution, it is not a delayed seroconversion with all this viremia and the seroconversion illness we had  the virus  and even the AB are for sure present in the blood, rather  the logical explanation is,  a very divergent HIV strain, that is missed by the curent technology.
We are desperate, this wierd virus is overcoming current science. no body can help us, since no evidence of the virus in the  tests. I see our health rapidely deterioration, my wife CD4 test will be carried out next week, my CD4 is rapidely decreasing...with this rate I propablly  will reach aids level of CD4  soon, I have to carry on CD4 monthly. but No body can help, since the virus is missing in tests no meds can be ordred. the umunologiste is helpless..he said when my CD4 reach 200 I have to take OI antibiotics prophilaxy.

Doctor, as knowledgbale HIV expert, your help may be save a desperate couple lives, as the ID and my ummunologist are short of idea :

1- Is it a delayed seroconversion case as my ID is suggesting to test with antibody every months?  should I carry on testing over time by elisa antibody and hoping that one day it will show some thing before I reach aids count of CD4 ?

2- It is possible with all this viremia that is causing all our severe illness to me and my wife, and the severe decreasing of my CD4,  the virus and the antibody are not present in our blood now near 7 months, isn't the most logical explanation is, we have a very divergent HIV strain, that is missed by the curent technology.

3- If I will find the HIV+  lady who contaminated me, will it be usufull for some thing, like if we carry on here Genotype and /or phenotype  to see what kind of HIV she has, will it resolve my situation, my ID could not answer this question, I will show him your answer may be it will help.

4- I had negative 6 months Aptima roche NAT test, which looks for HIV1 group M, O, and N, is abbot real time more performent on rare subtype, does it worth to travel to USA to carry this test, as I could not find it here in Canada.

Thank you very much for you valuable help.

This discussion is related to Unprotected Intercourse with a POZ women..Strong Symptomes but tests still negative at 12 weeks.
I hope things work out well for you! Dr. HHH can be found in this link...
http://www.medhelp.org/forums/HIV-Prevention/show/117?personal_page_id=1968923
neither of you have hiv
thanks,
yes lizzi that what I have been told when having my negative 3 months test, and as the stupidiest man on earth I belived it and most likelly contaminated an innoccent percent who is suffering now, now we both ma and my wife are in big dillema, An ID, HIV specialiste. an umunologiste, and a neurologist in major hospital in Montreal, all of them are still highly suspecting an infection from an known exposure to  this **** virus and trying to sort it out and easily like that you say you dont have HIV . I understand your good will to help people, I respect it, but this subjecte involve humain lives. some phrases written here or else where can make diseaster. that was what I and my wife went through. you can always comment on  no risk situation, but in a confirmed exposure, please, dont hurry with such comments.
Seek professional mental help. You don't have an HIV concern as Dr. HHH told you.
i just read this post somewhere and i'll post here. I hope it's not true as something doesn't sound normal on combination of tests, but that person did post such info regardin his own case.
http://www.thebody.com/Forums/AIDS/Labs/Q214465.html
I dont see how a person do post a false anonymous question to a free doctor monitored forums just for a fun, the biologie is not an exacte science, but what is interesting his this case, is that the doctor did not denied his infection, or was astonished how late it was, he even confirme to him thats an infection, he deos noy said its over 6 months so it could not hapen. so every things is possible with this wierd virus. thats why my ID is suggering continuing testing in the face of a very suspisious case of infection.
* Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusively negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to action by MedHelp. Conclusively negative results or a no-risk situation will be based upon the criteria established by MedHelp’s doctors. Action will be taken as follows:
    * After excessive posting, a warning will be issued by MedHelp
    * Continuing to post regarding the negative result / no risk situation will result in a 3 day suspension
    * Continuing to post upon your return will result in a permanent ban.
3months is the conclusive hiv window period.When was the last time you heard someone experience latent seroconversion at 6months?