HIV Prevention Community
this my test result

If you believe you have been exposed to HIV and want help to judge your risk, would like advice about HIV testing, or have questions about the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices, this is the site for you.

this my test result

please help me becuase i dont know read that much in english....they send it to me by Mail from the clinc anyway plz help me out and explin to me this result.................this is my test result................................HIV VIRAL LOAD BY TAQMAN
HIV VIRAL LOAD <20 copies/mL
*****INTERPRETATION OF HIV-1 VIRAL LOAD RESULT:
HUMAN IMMUNODEFICIENCY VIRUS TYPE 1 WAS NOT DETECTED IN THE GIVEN SPECIMEN.
Test Method(s)
HIV VIRAL LOAD BY TAQMANHIV
VIRAL LOAD BY TAQMAN
Clinical Utility
• The viral load provides an accurate estimate of the level of HIV replication.
• Quantitation of HIV Viral load is important as it serves to be a prognostic marker of HIV infection.
• It is used for establishing baseline levels in patients before initiation of the therapy and for monitoring the disease progression.
• A sudden rise in viral load values may indicate emergence of resistant strains during therapy.
Method
Cobas Ampliprep/Cobas Taqman
Interpretation:
• HIV viral load is expressed as copies/ml.
• For conversion to WHO International Units (IU): 1 IU corresponds to approximately 0.6 copies/mL.
• The lower limit of detection of this test is 20 copies/ml
• Viral load below 10,000 copies/mL is generally considered "low".
• An increase or decrease in viral load of more than three-fold may be considered significant.
• Viral load may vary considerably. Laboratory variations, acute illness or recent vaccination can lead to elevations or variability in viral loads. However variations of less
than 0.5 log copies/ml should not be considered as significant.
• Values below 20 copies/ml do not exclude possibility of an infection. It may indicate viral load below detection limit of the assay.
• Follow up viral load below the detection limit of the assay may indicate resolution of the infection after the therapy. Reappearance or increasing viral load may indicate
relapse of resistance to the therapy.
• Viral load values are known to be affected due to other clinical conditions such as acute illness or recent vaccination. Hence viral load should be interpreted in conjunction
with clinical history, clinical status, and other diagnostic parameters.
Recommendations:
1.Viral Load is a monitoring test and hence should not be used for screening or diagnostic purpose.
2.Wide variations in viral load have been observed due to following reasons:
a) Use of different technologies/platforms for follow-up testing: It is recommended to monitor patients using same technology
b) Non-adherence to specimen collection protocol. Hence it is recommended immediately to freeze the EDTA Plasma after collection and separation.
Limitations:
• PCR is a highly sensitive technique; common reasons for paradoxical results are contamination during specimen collection, selection of inappropriate specimens and
inappropriate...........................................plzzzzzzzzzzzzz help is it Negative and Conclusive؟؟؟؟؟؟
That test you had is not a diagnostic test,take a DUO or Antibody test.Your test was negative but not conclusive.
PCR-DNA Tests
Neither the Abbott RealTime nor the Roche COBAS AmpliPrep/COBAS TaqMan HIV-1 assay is intended to be used as a donor screening test for HIV-1 or as a diagnostic test to confirm the presence of HIV-1 infection.
Richard Klein
HIV/AIDS Program Director
Office of Special Health Issues
Food and Drug Administration
thank you teak very much...................but what do u think of my test result????
Get the correct test.
do u mean antibody???
I already advised you as to what test you should have.And thats the test you should have had in the first place if your doctor or clinic knew anything about hiv.Re-read what i advised.
you had a negative antibody test done at 80 days...

you had a pcr done at 3 months and was told at that time to take an antibody test...

WHY did you turn around and have a western blot test done ???????
Are the tests that I've done enough???
YOU DONT HAVE HIV.

kindly move along...