thrush and positive testing
I have a former sexual partner who recently had thrush and mouth herpes. I know thrush is a characteristic of a weakened immune system. In addition, this person is a smoker, does not have proper nutrition, or take good general care of herself. She tested for HIV and was negative. My question: If the thrush was related to possible HIV infection (suppressed immune system reason being), would the HIV need to be at a point for testing where it would show up or could it still be too early to show? In short, could thrush only occur from HIV if the HIV infection had occurred some time prior? And second, I had unprotected intercourse twice with this person. If she were infected with HIV, would I have a high risk for testing HIV+ in the future?
No thrush has nothing to do with your immune system. Thrush is caused from the good bacteria that controls the bad bacteria on your tongue. Drinking, antibotics, mouthwash are just a few things that can cause thrush. If you had unprotected vaginal or anal sex you can test three months post exposure and your test will be conclusive.