to kekelow about the NAAT test.
kekelow,
thanks for that info, that is cool. I am actually in OC, Newport Beach, so I am like an hour away from that place. What I wanted to know does the NAAT test that they offer The L.A. Gay & Lesbian Center checks for both HIV 1 and 2? Or HIV-1 only? Do you know by a chance? Because I did PCR DNA HIV-1 @30days. I went today to my doctor and asked her about the NAAT test she said I already did the nucleic acid test, that PCR is a nucleic acid type of test. I am still confused on this issue. NAAT and PCR what is the difference?

thanks,
PCR is a type of NAT, just like a terrier is a type of dog. PCR is the specific type of NAT testing you had. PCR looks for DNA or RNA (riboNUCLEIC ACID), and hence is a type of NAT (nucleic acid testing)

Semantically, 'NAT' is most often used to refer to the testing done on donated blood supplies, although it is reasonable to use it when referring to PCR testing done on a particular patient.
but my question is... Does it check for both HIV 1 and 2?
thanks, I will give them a call.
online there is not much info on NAAT in regard to HIV -1/2. It is a pooled based specimen sampling testing method. One would think they test for both strains....if it is a blood-bank type of screen.
Refrain from posting people's phone #'s, please.  They aren't here to give their consent to have their #s given out on a public website, accessible to the entire planet.  Use some sort of common sense, PLEASE.
This is a Std clinic now you use common sence.Peace.
Peace.
You can't give out phone numbers on this site.  You mentioned peoples names, and the fact they WERE private numbers.  Private numbers would indicate that perhaps they shouldn't be published, or they would have PUBLIC numbers.  

Read the terms and conditions of the site.  
I didn't know your right.