HIV Prevention Community
to symptom shoppers

If you believe you have been exposed to HIV and want help to judge your risk, would like advice about HIV testing, or have questions about the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices, this is the site for you.

to symptom shoppers

I never knew I was a severe ocd/hypochondriac until march of this year, it is now September. I had unprotected sex with a female friend, not the first time this happened, but it was the first time I fought the cold at exactly two weeks after exposure. Before, I was lucky enough to escape the flu/cold until months later, and one test was enough to reassure me and put my doubts to rest. This time, after catching the cold, I spent a month doing nothing but imagining the worst outcome, a positive result, even though the girl I was with tested negative at three weeks. I started doubted the fact that she was negative and perhaps she cheated on me and was in the window period. I had every symptom you can think of, fever, dry throat, cold sore, gas, bloating, blood in stool, stomach rumbling, nausea, muscle aches, tingling hands and fingers, joints cracking, night sweats, headaches, hair loss, weight loss, Folliculitis swollen lymph node behind ear, mosquito bite looking zits/rash, a few zits on pores on hand, stool color changes, mouth ulcers, dry mouth, feeling like I was coming down with flu, and bunch more. I tested negative for over six months with 13 tests, and yet I'm still worried. Please don't start this cycle and never diagnose yourself with symptoms, never. My recent exposure 4 weeks ago was a hand job at massage parlor, I freaked out and didn't even let her finish. I missed sex for 6 months and a hand job seemed like a good way to relief anxiety, boy was I wrong. I ocd'd again from catching something with her hands, and blood in stool, mouth ulcer, headache, muscle and joint pains, nausea, all came back again. So I did two antibody tests in three weeks and at 20 days I went in for a naat test, results negative. Yet I'm still worried. Is this all in my head? Dear fellow medhelp friends, this is my last post here. Depression and anxiety have ruined my life. I am giving up on testing and having sex with my current gf. I wanted to thanks everyone, Julie, Nurse girl and Teak. I should've believed you when you said three months is conclusive and that hand job was a no risk. I am now stuck in a world I created for myself and I'm struggling to leave it. You've all been a great help. Appreciated. Others, please believe the veteran members here, they're more knowledgeable than some of the so called counselors at clinics we test in. My chronic fatigue and depression have made it really hard for me to enjoy my life again. I wish I listened when I was told to stop. Peace be with you all. Best Wishes!!