HIV Prevention Community
unprotected sex, possible exposure
About This Community:

If you believe you have been exposed to HIV and want help to judge your risk, would like advice about HIV testing, or have questions about the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices, this is the site for you.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

unprotected sex, possible exposure

Good evening.. I am a twenty something gay male and I just got back from vacation in S Florida. I met another last night from New York and we really hit it off. We talked a while and drank a lot...then went to the beach and to his hotel room to hook up.  We were both sniffing poppers and giving each other oral sex.  When I was giving him oral sex he didn't seem to be precuming at all. He was uncut.  Then I got out a condom and he started to top me.  It was hard because we didnt have proper lube (just saliva) and he was having trouble staying hard. I reached back and the condom was gone and I instantly freaked out.  He wasn't completely hard and he said it was just for a second. I asked him when he last got tested he said 2 months ago.  I never have unprotected sex ever and I also just got tested 2 weeks ago.  We continued having sex with another condom but he never was able to stay hard and didn't ever ejaculate.  We texted some more the next day and he seems like a nice guy, but I am really feeling guilty and worried.

My question is how considerable is the risk, and do you think I should go so far as to try getting PEP?  Thank you very much

- worried
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
186166_tn?1385262982
you can do a duo test at 4 weeks or an antibody test at 6 weeks...either of them will give you an excellent indication of your status and very unlikely to change at the 3 month mark when you get your conclusive result.
Blank
Thank you for replying.  Do you think this situation would be appropriate for me to use PEP? I know it's very expensive so I'm not sure what to do
Blank
186166_tn?1385262982
nPEP needs to be started within 72 hours and is normally reserved for those with an exposure with a known positive person.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
HIV Prevention Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...