HIV Prevention Community
urethra and hiv

If you believe you have been exposed to HIV and want help to judge your risk, would like advice about HIV testing, or have questions about the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices, this is the site for you.

urethra and hiv

sorry for the new post but do i need to get tested? , yesterday i had protected oral test with a pro. i checked the condomn and it was okay but i don't know if it had any very little hole. it maybe had some. i didnt put my penis into her  vagina without a condomn. what if any blood (i didn't see anything but i don't know) has passed into my urethra? do i need to get tested? please answer me
Condoms don't get little holes.
You never had an exposure.
irrational thinking and no risk.Enough with the ''what if'' questions--you had no risk--time to move on.
You Dont have an HIV CONERN.
but what about the posibility any bllod from her mouth has passed from any little hole that cant be seen from the condomn and gone into my urethra?
Please kindly Move On.
Condoms don't get little holes.
thank you all! you know im 17 and im scared. maybe its the fact that i have read so many things from the internet that freaked me out :)
Then stop reading and accept the facts.
ok thank you :)
you're welcome
so guys to put this out of my mind, im 16 (almost 17) yesterday first sex contack (oral sex) nevr took drugs never syrings or  something to cause hiv.
so you suggest me not to do the test right? im never going with a pro again for gods sake i had the most stressed day of my life ultin i went here.
hiv is not transmitted through oral sex...with OR WITHOUT a condom.

you had NO risk and do not need testing.

stay away from sex workers...for god's sake, you're only 16 years old ! ! !
thank you lizzie! be sure that i have learned my lesson :0
oh and i have made a mistake, i said i put my penis into her vagina with a condomn. the truth is that i had only oral sex and i ejaculated into the condomn, i didnt put my penis into her mouth without a condomn. so i don't need testing right?
i didnt go into her vagina at all, only oral
Read what you have been told
so, no risk right??
If you were told you never had a risk with the original story, you obviously STILL wouldn't have a risk with the updated story, right?

Your anxiety and guilt are getting the best of you.  As you enter into a sexually active lifestyle, just remember, in terms of HIV, ALWAYS use condoms for vaginal or anal sex, and don't share IV drugs.  SOME STD's (not HIV) can be transmitted via unprotected oral sex, consider that when making the decision about using condoms for other sex acts.

YOU NEVER HAD A RISK!
thank you. the truth is that yes i feel very guilty and i always think about it a have to put it out of my mind.
You're young, and this was your first sexual experience.  Because you had it with a sex worker, your guilt is higher than normal.  There's nothing to feel guilty about....it's normal to start becoming sexually active.  I DO agree with Lizzie that you're a tad bit young to be seeking out the services of a sex worker, but it's still not that much of a big deal.

As you move forward, keep the FACTS in your mind.  Lizzie says all the time (and it's true) FEAR is not FACT.  The fact is, you never put yourself at risk for HIV.  The FACT is YOU have complete control over your sexual health and your decisions.  

There's nothing wrong with being sexually active...that in itself is nothing to feel guilty about...that's life.  My advice is...until you grow and mature a little bit, and are able to handle the emotional impact of such experiences, stay away from the sex workers.  Keep your experiences limited to girls your age...and don't rush it.  You have your whole life to experiment and be active in the sexual arena.  Take your time.

You have nothing to worry about...put this behind you, it was a good learning lesson...you have become more knowledgeable about HIV as a result, that is a GOOD thing!  Just make wise choices with your body, and you will never have a thing to worry about.
thank you sooo much for all these things you told me. to tell you the truth, the fact that i did oral sex with a worker was a moment of weakness. many kids at my age or younger have done this and i asked myself why not. when i got back home i started searching to the net for hiv and i totally freaked out. so i felt so much guilty. i started to think if i had hiv, what i was going to tell to my parents, even though i had PROTECTED ORAL sex. so i really needed a person like you to explain me that i don't have t worry and move on like 5-6 people told me here. and a last thing to tell you is that i am much more aware for hiv, i am always going to wear a condomn, and for gods sake, when im going to have a family, the last thing i would do is to go with a sex worker. i want my family safe and myself too. thank you again very much. all of you and this site that opened my eyes. that was the lesson of my life. :)
You're very welcome.  If you find you're still anxious about this after some time has passed...ask your parents to get you some help for the anxiety.  You do NOT have to tell them the circumstances behind the anxiety.  Just tell them you're anxious.  A professional would never be permitted to share anything you told them with your parents, due to confidentiality laws.

Now, get out there and have fun being a young person...enjoy the rest of your summer!
i already feel better thank you very much i really wanted to hear such words!!