HIV Prevention Community
very weak immune system

If you believe you have been exposed to HIV and want help to judge your risk, would like advice about HIV testing, or have questions about the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices, this is the site for you.

very weak immune system

hello doctor I m 18  years old unprotected vaginal relations

4000 people in our country, hiv + people

My test; 4.week elisa(antı hıv) negative 6 week elisa negative 9week elisa 11 week elisa 12 week elisa 14 week elisa(ANTI hıv)NEGATIVE 3Generation
LATEST 17.WEEK 4 genaration hiv ag/ab combo NEGATİVE
The name of the test company Abbot

1/me 6. months my test required
2/When can I be sure 100%
3/My status 99% or %100 ?

very weak immune system
test were found in CD4 CD8

soory I tried to write messages but doctors could not achieve
Will you give your answer_?

PLEASSEEE HELPPP
Go read your original post.
whatt?? please help
but have the innate immune system disorders and the doctor every 6 months and 12 month test was necessary
End of discussion.
I NEED 6 MONTH TEST:(
From hours of research and reading online, I understand that an HIV test will provide accurate readings at 3 months.  I also learned that even though 3 months is accurate, a 6 month test is recommended to simply seal the deal and provide final negative results.  The odds go from like 99.5% accurate at 3 months to 99.9% accurate at 6 months.  Very small difference but just that much closer to perfect.  The problem I believe many people face is losing touch with thinking straight during the testing time due to anxiety. If it is of any help, look at what the odds are.  You took several tests already with negative results.  I would say this means you statistically may have already won, but you always need to be as sure as possible.  I would retest at 6 months just to say you are sure.  Also, to avoid ever being put in this situation again, promise yourself that you will not repeat the mistake(s) that put you in this position to begin with. Hang in there and think good thoughts.  You have already taken steps that show you are negative.
6 month tests were discontinued back in 2004. The poster does not need to retest.
Actually, pretty much everything I read thus far including The Home Access'  home testing website says that three months is perfectly fine with very accurate results (as I said above)  but six months is just another step to assure this with an even higher accuracy rate.  

Quoting Home Access' website:

"Q: How soon do these antibodies show up?
A: In most infected people, the antibodies will show up in the blood within six weeks to 3 months. But in some people, it might take up to six months. This is important because the test cannot detect recent infections."

Being that they are FDA approved and have a current website, I would say that a 6 month test being discontinued is not totally correct.  It may not be 100% needed, but surely wasn't discontinued five years ago if they, an FDA approved company, are advising of this.

the CURRENT guideline for a conclusive test result is 3 months post exposure.  this was set by the fda, cdc, and the manufacturers of the test.
That's good news to hear.  Wonder why Home Access indicated 6 months?
medhelp say 3 month %97 ??why

youu say 3 month%100 why medhelp say

How long after a possible expos...
Health Page   |   Comments   |   Edit   |   History

Most HIV tests are antibody tests that measure the antibodies your body makes against HIV. It can take some time for the immune system to produce enough antibodies for the antibody test to detect and this time period can vary from person to person. This time period is commonly referred to as the “window period”. Most people will develop detectable antibodies within 2 to 8 weeks (the average is 25 days). Even so, there is a chance that some individuals will take longer to develop detectable antibodies. Therefore,  Ninety seven percent will develop antibodies in the first 3 months following the time of their infection

http://www.cdc.gov/nchstp/od/gap/pmtct/Trainer%20Manual/Adobe/Module_6TM.pdf

Page 11
Number 4
ok.cdc 3 month %100 but medhelp say: %97
No MedHelp does not say 97 percent.
You don't fall within the guidelines of someone that may take longer.
You are not on chemo.
You do not take antirejection drugs for a transplant
You are not a Chronic IV drug abuser.
how much should I expect the people of this state very well 6 months 1 year? 2yıl
* Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusive negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to action by MedHelp. Conclusive negative results or a no-risk situation will be based up the criteria MedHelp’s doctors. Action will be taken as follows:
    * After excessive posting, a warning will be issued by MedHelp
    * Continuing to post regarding the negative result / no risk situation will result in a 3 day suspension
    * Continuing to post upon your return will result in a permanent ban.
What is the longest process of antibody?please help teak  this final question
I think if you tested at 3 months negative and again at 6 months your free of risks.  The anxiety of this is what makes dealing (even with a negative test) hard to believe.
The poster doesn't need a 6 month test.
You've already been accurately informed regarding current the HIV testing window period. As this is a very highly emotionally charged forum, it would be helpful if you would confirm your information with a truly knowledgeable member BEFORE posting it. We do NOT want to perpetuate a climate of anxiety with misinformation or conflicting information. If you are unsure or have a question regarding a specific HIV fact, feel free to post a question in your ORIGINAL thread.

-JC-
Thank you and I will.  The reply was actually in efforts for dingil to realize that he/she is fine.  Attempting to assure that a 3 month or 6 month test would be effective and attempted to explain that this does cause stress.  Regards.  

ZZ