what is broken skin, open cut specifically
I know it sounds like an odd question, but can someone provide exact definition of broken skin and open cut. If I cut myself on my finger four days ago and it is does not bleed anymore, but there are tiny spots of little scabs, is that broken skin? Is that an open cut? I would just like maybe formal definitions as I cannot find them anywhere.
No that is not broken skin. The skin is healed over and is a barrier but it can not handle rough treatment because if you picked a "new" scab it can come off easily. open cuts are active bleeding ... blood ozzing out of it.
So what is broken skin then if there is no bleeding. Does no bleeding mean no risk for deep cuts that aren't bleeding?
its anything. like a popped pimple, would be considered broken skin. the outer layer of the skin is the epidermis if it is damaged and the skin is not joined together then it is broken skin eg paper cut that's not bleeding. hope that helps.