HIV Prevention Community
what is cd4 count?

If you believe you have been exposed to HIV and want help to judge your risk, would like advice about HIV testing, or have questions about the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices, this is the site for you.

what is cd4 count?

dear sir,

i have doubt i.e. is cd4 count diagnosis from r.b.c and w.b.c  . what is normal range of cd 4 count.
if r.b.c 5.0  and w.b.c 13,500 is there in our blood is it sufficient?
  • Complete blood count (5 replies):
    If you had an infection such as Chlamydia, would you for...[more]
  • white blood count (3 replies):
    I had mono ive posted before still unsure whether or not...[more]
  • WBC Count (1 replies):
    Dear all, I am a female had unprotected sex last year, ...[more]
  • cbc (13 replies):
    my wbc was 5.30 a month before i did anything. two month...[more]
  • fear help (9 replies):
    pls help me out anybody, i am fearing. Pls expert. On ...[more]
It's done on the T cells in white blood cells. If you have a CD4 of 13500 then you are within the normal range.
A WBC count has NOTHING to do with a CD4 count, Teak is wrong in this case.
In general, only HIV+ people need to have a CD4 count done - to monitor the HIV disease progression and to avoid AIDS.
Like most times you don't know anything about HIV or testing. HIV is not the only thing that causes a CD4 count to be lowered. ie. (Mononucleosis, pregnancy, and pneumonia just to name a few.)  Where do you find the CD4 cells joey? Lymphocytes! Where are lymphocytes located joey? In the white blood cells! When someone gets a WBC they get a lymphocyte summary. If there is a lymphocyte discrepancy then they start looking for the causes. HIV is not the only reason for lowered CD4 counts.
Hi Anil, a WBC count of 13,500 is a bit high. A CD4 count is a more specialized test on your white blood cells (lymphocytes) specifically, as Teak said. Normal CD4 ranges are anywhere between 500-1500c/cmm
Oh stop it.  Nowhere did I say anything about HIV being the only thing that lowers CD4 counts.  But I've never heard of anyone needng a CD4 count done, unless they have HIV.  Bottom line is that a WBC count gives NO INFORMATION WHATSOEVER about a person's CD4 count.  One can have high WBC and low CD4, or low WBC and high CD4.  You are clueless, man!
He will be gone shortly....trust me.
Just because he can get away with standing on his soapbox over at aidsmeds...he will not get away with it here. There is no just cause on his harassing remarks on here to other forum users.  This is abuse and threatening.
I doubt it.  I think he's been warned a few times already - guy just doesn't learn!
You need to pay more attention to the posts instead of running your mouth.

scaredmark, LOL I'm still here. I been through joey's games more than once.
I do think you will be this time.  Your insulting tone and threats get you no where.
I am confident you will be gone.

I think your remarks are sarcastic, bting, and threatening.
I am shocked to have learned you are allowed to preach this to public schools. I would like to know where...because you provde some innacurate information. Nonetheless, if you cannot accurately answer questions on here without calling people "Trolls", it is a wonder you are able to answer questions from our nation's youth.  Now that is SCARY!!
You need to talk with someone that cares what YOU think, because I could careless.
what is the most safe and effective alternative Treatment for HIV/AIDS
other than the present allopathic system of treatment.  

Thanks.
There is NO alternative Treatment for HIV/AIDS.