HIV Prevention Community
worried about rare strains
About This Community:

If you believe you have been exposed to HIV and want help to judge your risk, would like advice about HIV testing, or have questions about the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices, this is the site for you.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

worried about rare strains

Dear advisors,
I'm 21, a straight male from China, living in Guangzhou. These years our city has been occupied by the Africans from all over Africa, and there are at least hundreds of thousands of them, working or doing business here. Our CDD has warned that some of those Africans are HIV infected, and their HIV strains tend to be relatively more complicated than most places on the planet. They come from every country of Africa, which means those reported rare groups of HIV may have been spread here.
My exposure is having sex with several CSWs many times in these 2 years. I remember at least 2 times my condom broke wide open during the sex. Recently I knew that 3 CSWs I had sex with usually had African clients, sometimes they even paid more for not using condoms! It was shocking me when I heard that.
I test 88days post my last exposure and it's neg-. But my health is becoming worse and worse. I want to know where can I test all the rare strains that ever existed? Are tests in the US more accurate?
12 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Anyone, plzzzzz
Blank
Help me, I want to get 100% reliable test, where can I?
a suffering guy
Blank
3 months post exposure is when you can obtain a conclusive negative test result.
Blank
Thank u, teak
I know 3 months is conclusive for most strains of HIV, and I tested negative on the 88th day, which is greatly relieving.
What about those rare strains? Once they were only in Africa, but now they've come.
Blank
There isn't any rare strains.
Blank
Buttt, at least I've heard about N Group, O Group and some combined infected cases.
Are those a concern in the US?
I doubt the test's specificity and sensitivity in China. You know, if a disease begins to spread, it always takes several years to cause the government's alarm and attention.
Blank
ELISA can detect Group N and Group O.
Blank
So, as long as I get an ELISA test and get negative result 3 months post exposure, it means I ain't infected by any type, subtype or group of HIV, right?
Blank
So, as long as I get an ELISA test and get negative result 3 months post exposure, it means I ain't infected by any type, subtype or group of HIV, right?
Blank
580755_tn?1357673215
Correct
Blank
Where can I have a Viruses isolated culture for HIV ?
Is it available for ordinary people in the US?
Blank
Take it to the Anxiety Forum.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
HIV Prevention Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949