HIV Prevention Community
worried on test result

A place to get help from others in assessing your risk of HIV, getting advice about HIV testing or the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices.

worried on test result

In March I received oral sex from a male (I am a guy and I was who penetrated into his mouth). It was around only 5-10 seconds ( I did not like it, so stopped it). I know that saliva does not transmit HIV, but he had a broken tooth and he said that he is going to a dental surgery (actullay there was no visible blood or something, and I assume that nobody asks for an oral if  theres is pain or bleeding in the mouth). Now I have a girlfriend and I want to be sure that I did not contract HIV from this event. I made an OraQuick Advance Hiv1/2 test at home. I am not an expert on how to read it, and I see some very soft coloration in the test zone (really very soft and it is not a sharp line, indeed it is blured). So, maybe it is a slightly reactive test. I asked for a clinical HIV test also, now I have to wait one week more to get the result. Should I worry that it could be positive?
OralQuick Advance are not home tests and you did not have an exposure from oral sex.
Avatar n tn
Thank you. I hope it will be confirmed by the clinical test.
Avatar n tn
I was tested negative. File closed. Thanks for your comment.