HIV like illness User Group
Tongue issues after what is considered "low risk" exposure
About This Group:

This Group is for people suffering from undiagnosed list of symptoms after having an exposure with no answers from doctors , symptoms are much the same between people suffering some have more and some got less but they all meet in at least half of the list will be mentioned . this group will give people a hope and tell them that they are not alone and when we reach a good a number of people we can push for starting a research about our medical condition and not only to keep setting and listening to anxiety stories as people other people did ,, we have a faith and tests that proves we are sick from unknown condition and that why we should never stop searching OUR LIFE OUR CHOICE.. This illness symptoms are : 1) Oral trush on my tongue with red spots 2) Enlargement painful lymph node in armpit , nick and groin area (CT scan proved ) 3) Skin rashes on the chest and behind my ears 4) fatigue 5) muscle pain and Joints pain 6) Dry mouth, Oral ulcers 7) stomach ache 8) abdominal pain 9) chest pain 10) shortness of breathing 11) night swets on the beginning of the illness 12) CD 8 is higher than CD 4 and some times CD 4 is less than normal 13) Wight drop at the begging of illness then patient gain some weight after 3 months

Founded by omar88 on August 15, 2012
18 members

Unprotected oral sex from a female, the rest protected.

Tested negative for HIV at aprox. 5 weeks, 2 months, 4 months, 7 months, 9 months with 4th generation,

Developed tongue problems (white tongue, hyper salivation, teeth marks in the borders, irritated taste buds) about 4 months post incident. the problems are persistent for the last five months.

The tongue problems are real:

http://postimage.org/image/rej4q2mgb/

http://postimage.org/image/o6pcpgkzd/

http://postimage.org/image/xebh7gwmj/

http://postimage.org/image/kodct2k3d/

Before this I was a healthy man. Actually, I have almost never visited a Doctor in my life.

Does anyone similar tongue issues as mine and for long time? how are you dealing with this?

Thanks!
I cant see open the pics ! do you have other symptoms ?
please try to open the links, I can see them.

no, I dont have other symptoms. maybe I should mention as well that I lost about 5kg.
try to open the links again, they should work.

And no, I dont have other symptoms. maybe I should mention as well that I lost about 5kg.
ok i can tell you that i have the same tongue shape since my exposure ! am not sure if you have the red spots ?
do you have any other symptoms ?
No other symptoms besides the tongue issues.

no red spots but rather raisde taste buds/pimples, you can see this clearly here:

http://postimage.org/image/xebh7gwmj/

you can check my journal for full detail of my test.

for HIV I had five duo tests up to 9 months post incidents. Still didn't get the courage to do a PCR RNA / CD4 count.

all the best.

I forgot to mention that I had some weird symptoms exactly 2-3 weeks post exposure. These symptoms were:

- A lump in the neck, confirmed by myself and my doctor. I NEVER had a lump in my neck before that I remember.
- The lump went away few days later, then a urinary track infection started. Had to pee everytime, and had horrible pain in my testicles. This lasted for about 2 weeks. It was horrible. I took cyprofloxacin and it went away.

Between 2 months to 4 months I had random stabs of pain in armpit, neck, groin.

4 months to now, the tongue issues.
ok so you had more symptoms !

but you are getting better and that great

did you test to know your abdominal pain causes ?
No, I am not getting better.

I have problems in my tongue for about SIX months now.

And no, I did not have abdominal problems. I have testicle pain weeks after the exposure.
ok let me get you better, so you have tongue symptoms only now and the other symptoms improved or not ?!
"Only tongue" problems for about 6 months now.

Also my WBC was just about 4500, and lymphocites where about 1500.
thats great :)

my WBC are normal now and lymphocytes too
what is great? I have problems in my tongue for the last SIX MONTHS (white tongue, raised taste buds, hypersalivation, teeath marks in borders, sore taste buds sometimes) and my WBC is on the low side of the scale (just 4500).

I don't think that's something to be happy about.
First you got me wrong ,second you dont have to attack ! calm down we are in the same issue !!

I have all what you got and 10 more  symptoms I listen and try to help and other people in the group had it for more than a year like me !

We are trying to figure this out and to help our selves too
Omer where u from Pak?
abi112233 commented on Unexplained tongue pr...
Sep 01
ashler1977 commented on Blessedtb23's status
Aug 31
0321cja commented on Long standing dry mou...
Aug 27