Hair Loss (Alopecia) Community
20 yr old GIRL and LOSING her HAIR....

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Hair Loss (Alopecia).

20 yr old GIRL and LOSING her HAIR....

hello,

i need help badly.. im a 20 year old female and my hair used to be so thick, strong and long. Things have drastically changed. my hair has become noticably finer. NOT THIN. IT IS NOT FALLING OUT FROM THE ROOT. it has become fine and brittle. not just on my head, but everywhere on my body. i have lost at least 4 inches from the hair on my head because it has been breaking.. i went to the doctor and got tested for everything under the sun and everything was negative... what should i do???
I had the same problem at your age. Then, at the age of 25 I had my daughter by C- section and after my hair started falling out even worse. Everyone kept telling me it was normal after having a baby. Here I am now at the age of 36 and I can easily see my scalp on the top of my head. My hair is so dry and brittle now and I have even less of it. I too have had all the tests and nothing came up. I don't know what to do about it. I have tried everything. If you find anything out, please come back to post.
I have a similar problem.  I once had an abundance of hair and have noticed that I have a third of what I once had.  I've been told that if you have surgery where you are put under anesthetics, that you lose hair.  I believe this may be true because I've had at least 5 surgeries in my life and I noticed my hair falling out after my surgery 2.5 weeks ago.  A friend of mine mentioned that taking (2) Vitamin E pills a day will help with balancing your hormones/moods and help with hair loss, etc.  Hope this helps.  I have been taking the vitamins for a couple of days, so not sure if it's working yet....  EM
i had the same problem, i started taking NUTRICAP you can buy it from the pharmacies if not try to find it online it is very good it made my hair thicker in 3 to 4 months.
good luck