Hair Loss (Alopecia) Community
23 year old female, 4yrs of gradual thinning and irritated/red scalp
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Hair Loss (Alopecia).

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

23 year old female, 4yrs of gradual thinning and irritated/red scalp

I am a 23 year old female. Noticed gradual thinning on the crown of my scalp over the past 4 years. It is not falling out by any means, its just not growing back. There are not any patches or bald spots, but more of a thinning all over the area and the Follicles/Area are very low ( I can actually count and see each one in a small area) No matter how I part my hair you can see my scalp. My scalp is also very red on the crown area and is somewhat painful to comb/ touch. Its the worst when I get out of the shower.

Had my blood tested by a doctor, as well as for lupas, SLE, thyroid, allergies, etc..and all were negative

I am taking 3000mcg Biotin/day and my hair is very shiny and long, but not growing back on the top of my head. Also using Nioxin shampoo.

Took DepoProvera for 2 years, Yaz for about 4, and currently have stopped taking BC for a year.
I drink very little alcohol, 1 cup coffee everyday, and eat relatively quite healthy.

What could this be? I cant figure it out and neither can the dermatologist I am going to.
Tags: hair loss, female, 23 years old, sensitive scalp