Hair Loss (Alopecia) Community
Alopecia at age of 28

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Hair Loss (Alopecia).

Alopecia at age of 28

Hello, I am very desperate at this point, I have alopecia and I am only 28 years old, I have tried remedies, shampoos, etc. I have heard that Inyectable Mometasone in the hair folicules where hair has been lost helps a lot.Is this true if so what specialist can I go to?
Please help!!
Treatment options for alopecia areata include Anti-inflammatory drugs that are prescribed for autoimmune diseases like steroids lie mometasone which can be given in injectable form but injectable steroids can often cause skin atrophy and hence indentations. Response to therapy may be gradual. So discuss it with your doctor and then go for these injections.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.