Hair Loss (Alopecia) Community
Any tips for reviving hair?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Hair Loss (Alopecia).

Any tips for reviving hair?

I used to have long, luscious brown hair that went down to my hips.
One day, I decided that I wanted to dye it, and used blonde hair dye all over it.
The colour didn't turn out right, though. It was a peach, instead of a light blond.
So when it was time to dye my roots, I re dyed the whole thing instead.
Anyways, after that second time, I could feel a change in my hair texture. It was brittle, and eventually, it started to thin around the ends. I ended up cutting it.
I've still been using a spray that lightens my hair (just on the roots every month), and although I've probably cut off all of the dyed hair, my hair is still thin.
I don't want to stop using products on my hair all together, because I don't like having dark roots.

Anyone have any tips for bringing dead hair back to life? :/
(I'm 17 now, so it's not that I'm getting grey hair in.)
For good hair, you need to pay attention to your diet. Your hair needs vitamins and minerals to grow that it can only get from the bloodstream. So if you want to speed up your hair growth and thickness you should limit the intake of fat and salts. Selenium, zinc and magnesium are some of the minerals that your hair needs and also amino acids and vitamin E will help in growing hairs. You can regularly massage scalp with oil, use protein conditioner to avoid loss and help growing, prevent exposure in hot sun etc.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.