Aa
A
A
Close
Bald patches on scalp
Hi i am 23 years old and  in the beginning of march I got a buzz haircut and noticed several bald patches on the front, top,& sideburn area of my scalp..I have been suffering from sebhoric dermatitis  since i was younger. I went to the doctor & she told me the patches were from sebhoric dermatis & did not think it was alopecia aretia..i have an appointment with a derm. In a few weeks.. I cant post a  photo from my iphone but will try to get one posted from a computer  & if you have any experience with hair loss like this or know if dermatitis can indeed cause patches like this please let me know
Cancel
2 Answers
Page 1 of 1
1340994 tn?1374197577
Try Neutrogena Clean shampoo and get neem oil and put some in the shampoo and use that to control the seborrhea.  Or just try Nizoral shampoo.  
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
563773 tn?1374250139
Hello,
It can be due to tinea capitis or alopecia aereta. The symptoms of Ringworm or Tinea Capitis include a dry itchy scalp, scaling, crusting, inflamed nodules, hair loss and tender enlarged lymph nodes on the neck.
Get an examination and a KOH examination of the skin scrapings to confirm the diagnosis.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Hair Loss (Alopecia) Community Resources