Hair Loss (Alopecia) Community
Bald patches on scalp
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Hair Loss (Alopecia).

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Bald patches on scalp

Hi i am 23 years old and  in the beginning of march I got a buzz haircut and noticed several bald patches on the front, top,& sideburn area of my scalp..I have been suffering from sebhoric dermatitis  since i was younger. I went to the doctor & she told me the patches were from sebhoric dermatis & did not think it was alopecia aretia..i have an appointment with a derm. In a few weeks.. I cant post a  photo from my iphone but will try to get one posted from a computer  & if you have any experience with hair loss like this or know if dermatitis can indeed cause patches like this please let me know
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
1340994_tn?1374197577
Try Neutrogena Clean shampoo and get neem oil and put some in the shampoo and use that to control the seborrhea.  Or just try Nizoral shampoo.  
Blank
563773_tn?1374250139
Hello,
It can be due to tinea capitis or alopecia aereta. The symptoms of Ringworm or Tinea Capitis include a dry itchy scalp, scaling, crusting, inflamed nodules, hair loss and tender enlarged lymph nodes on the neck.
Get an examination and a KOH examination of the skin scrapings to confirm the diagnosis.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Hair Loss (Alopecia) Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Emotional Eating Control: How to St...