Hair Loss (Alopecia) Community
Critical Dandruff or Serborrhoeic dermatitis?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Hair Loss (Alopecia).

hi,my biggest problem is my scalp.I got some kind of dandruff like Seborrhoeic dematitis and lots of them.My hair become dry and my scalp are itchy each time the weather is hot and when i'm sweating.There are also pimples like on the scalp.I've tried using SELSUN hair shampoo medicated for dandruff treatment but my hair got even drier than before but the itchiness subsides a little.The only problem is i want the dandruff to disappear.Sometimes it got so itchy that i scratch until the scalp sore and bleeds.i've tried so many methods but the dandruff thing would not go.I've tried using some lemon juice on the scalp one a week (traditional method), shampoo regularly and using coconut oil to avoid the hair become dry and brittle.The dandruff are still there.Is it some kind of disease? I want to know more about it and method to treat this condition.Thank you.
Dandruff can cause either an overly dry scalp with itchy white flakes that may be waxy or greasy, or it can manifest as an oily scalp with scales. Eat a healthy diet. You can also take vit B6 and vit A and E which are good for hair and skin. Try medicated shampoos for dandruff. There are a number of over-the-counter shampoos available that can help. The most effective ingredients -- antimicrobials -- to look for are zinc pyridinethione, selenium sulfide, sulfur and ketoconazole (also available by prescription). If your hair is colored, don't use products with selenium sulfide or sulfur.

If the symptoms persist please consult a trichologist for the confirmatory diagnosis and treatment.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

thank you very much! I really hope i'll get much better with your guidance.I'll keep informing on how much it goes.thanks a lot!
I specialize in this disease Seborhic Dermatitis and here is the way to keep it 98 % minimized :  1 st you MUST QUIT all wheat and Rye products ,         # 2 You must quit all cow dairy products .  # 3 you must use natural shampoos with no sulfates .   # 4 You must quit sugar as well.
# 5 Do a Candida yeast cleanse 3 times per year with fungi digestive enzymes .   # 6  Have fruit only in the morning, with a diet high in veggies,beans, nuts and fish ,chicken breast, turkey breast since any other meat is garbage anyways and # 7 .  The only grains you can eat are Buckwheat, red rice,amarath,brown rice and Quinoa which a a protein rich grain that provides all 9 amino acids and is the only plant based protein in the world to do so !
You can use all the shampoos you want or take all the synthetic pharm garbage you want but it wont touch seborhic dermatitis seeing as it is a genetic disease that is sensitive to wheat and rye gluten as well as cow dairy products ... those are the non opinionated facts I assure you ,  Had we stopped this immoral privatization of healthcare you would already have this info but Wall Street has to make money of human pain instead !
For external relief you should mix coconut oil,jojoba oil (large portions main ingredients)mint oil(medium portion), oregano oil(small portions) neem oil (medium portion ) rosemary oil(small portion) and cedar oil (small portion)put a bunch in your scalp, use a comb to massage it in your scalp and hair.. also if you have to itch your scalp use a comb so that you cant dig craters in your scalp, DO NOT USE YOUR FINGERS TO ITCH YOUR SCALP !
After quitting wheat and dairy products it will take 3 weeks to clear out of your system if you slip up just one time you have to wait three more weeks to get that single dose of dairy or wheat junk out of your system.        YES 3 WEEKS !!    21  WHOLE DAYS !!!!  No relief until then !!   PERIOD !!Until then it is itchey scalp 24/7  that will eat dandruff shampoos for breakfast and waste your money ! Not to mention you will lose 30 lbs in 2 months when on this sacred healthy diet ! Yes most people that eat wheat and dairy are often overweight .The stuff is garbage ! Prepare for a massive transformational change in your life = )
If you ever take antibiotics for anything it will make your seborhic dermatitis flare up in most cases to the point where your forehead and nose get red,scaley and itchy with snow avalanches falling off of your scalp as you go bald real fast too regardless of gender !
Do you have any suggestions for specific shampoos (brand names) and/or fungi digestive enzymes (brand names)?  That would be immensely helpful information.  Thank you.