Hair Loss (Alopecia) Community
Do I have Alopecia?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Hair Loss (Alopecia).

Do I have Alopecia?

I am a soon to be 39 year old African-Amercian woman.  I last had a physical in March, I am overweight but tall and the physical came back with me being in perfect health.  I've always had decent, healthy hair and most recently found a smooth nickel sized bald spot in my head.  I am not a weave wearer although I do perm & color my hair.  I drink lots of water and eat plenty of fresh vegetables, not on any medication.  Do you think its Alopecia?  Its completely smooth, there is no peach fuzz or random hairs as if I pulled it out...I know I didn't burn it out as I haven't put heat on my hair in about 3 weeks.  Thanks in advance!
Black Jade
Causes of hair fall   could be like   nutrients and proteins deficiency in the hair cells, emotional or physical stress, hormonal imbalances, dandruff, and serious illness like a tumors, infectious disease and Alopecia areata.. If there is underlying disease or nutritional deficiency .Give your diet an overhaul if you're lacking vital nutrients for growth and switch to foods for healthy hair. If it's related to an illness, it can be reversed by effectively treating the underlying cause. A KOH examination can be done to rule out any fungal infection.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.