Hair Loss in 14 year old girl
My 14 year old niece has lost most of her hair. Her Doctor was unable to help but a Homeopathic doctor claims it is due to a blocked Liver.

He has put her on a special diet consisting of Coca Cola and avoiding Citrus Fruits as he claims this will "unblock" the Liver.

Personally I think this sounds like a load of **** and would appreciate a second opinion.

Regards

John
Hi there johndude, I was wondering if the doctor checked her blood? And sent her to see a dermatologist, as I think it would help.
I would'nt rule out the homeopathic therapies, as some people have found them to help.
I myself have taken silica capsules and nettle which is meant to help stimulate hair growth. Also Brewers yeast is good as it has some B vitamins.
I have started to see an acupuncture woman, who is concentrating more on my anxiety as I think it is the cause of my hair loss.
i hope that has been some help to you.
Hey Johndude I would try and get her some Nioxin for her hair and take biotin that will stop the hairloss and start the new process of hair to come in healthy.. she could be holding in some stress and stress causes alot of things some kids hold there emotions in and it can cause our body to breakdown..her imune system is probly not good do to stress kills the imune system and could cause her hair to fall out so good nutrition good Nioxin shampoo and take a Biotin tablet to help with healthy hair growth. ok hope it helps. I had it happen to me and the Nioxin and Biotin helped me... good luck and god bless Jan