Hair Loss (Alopecia) Community
Hair Loss.

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Hair Loss (Alopecia).

Hair Loss.

Hi doctor, I have been experiencing hair loss for about 7 years now. It's getting to the point where I will have to shave it all off soon. It's quite noticeable.  I have no hair loss in my family at all. None on my mum or dads side.  I'm the only one.  I have however suffered from bad anxiety (stress) for quite some years now and wondering if this would be the main cause?   Is stress making my hair fall out?  I'm quite healthy and all my most recent blood tests are all fine.  

My hair loss is in the typical horseshoe shape too.  If I was going to lose my hair due to stress wouldn't it affect the whole head and not just the top??

Is it possible to get male pattern baldness if there is absolutely no history of it in my family??
Just wondering this forum is monitored?? Haven't hear a response for a while.
Male pattern baldness is usually an inherited trait and men start losing hair at an early age leading to extensive baldnesss. Since the nutritional deficiency is also a common cause of hairloss, patient is required to take food rich in protien, vitamins(mainly vit A and vit C) and other micronutrient like zinc, iron and copper.

Medicines which are useful are minoxidil and finasteride. Finally one can resort to hair transplantation also.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.