Hair Loss (Alopecia) Community
Hair loss with itching / burning scalp

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Hair Loss (Alopecia).

Hair loss with itching / burning scalp

Hello...

PLEASE HELP!  I desperately need some help…

A few years ago my doctor gave me Dianne 35 for my acne, and 2 months ago he changed it to Yazmin… A week after starting with Yazmin I went to the hairdresser to colour my hair.  A few days later my hair started to fall out, and I have this burning / itching on my scalp ever since. It's driving me crazy.

I see on the internet a lot of people that are using Yasmin are complaining about the same problem.  Now I wonder, can it be the Yazmin causing my problem, or the hair dye?  I'm very confused about what's causing it.

And how can I get rid of this itching, burning and hair loss?  I want to pull out all my hair.

Thanks in advance.
Since you are having itching and burning along with hair fall, chances of allergic contact dermatitis are more. You should use mild shampoo, stop applying the hair color and apply some calamine lotion on the rash. If it itches then you can take some antihistaminic lie Benadryl or Claritin. If the rash spreads then get it evaluated from a dermatologist.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.