Hair Loss (Alopecia) Community
Hair loss

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Hair Loss (Alopecia).

Hair loss

3 years ago i had a perfect good health hair, until i started losing alot of my hair, and when it grows, it grows thik in the roots till it finds a way to be verry thin ends, which makes my hair look like a V shape not to mention, that it hardly grow long. Ive tried vitamins and all, but no good result.
I really appreciate finding a solution for my problem
Hi!
Iron deficiency is the commonest cause of hair loss. Iron deficiency can be due to poor intake or poor absorption or due to hidden loss from bleeding as is seen in UTI and gut problems like IBS. The cause of anemia has to be found out by various blood tests. Iron replacement along with diet rich in iron and hemoglobin should be given. Please consult a hematologist if iron deficiency is detected. Hair loss can also be due to dandruff, dermatitis, shampoos, oils, soaps, dust and dirt etc. Thyroid disorders and diabetes too could be a cause. Insomnia, stress and anxiety along with poor diet and excess of caffeine too can be the cause.
Since I cannot examine you and know other related conditions you may be having, nor is a detailed history possible on net, I have listed the various possibilities that should be looked into. Please consult your PCP for primary examination followed by proper referral. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.