Hair

I'm now 20, and have a really far back hairline, If I pull my hair back and look from the front, its pretty much like im bald....

However, I have had this same hairline since a child, its just becoming more and more of an issue. Could this be due to a hormone imbalance? I don't think im loosing any more hair

I also have alot of pain in my neck an shoulders, so thinking it could be a thyroid problem, but thats just me pulling at straws
Pain in neck and shoulders could be due to cervical spondolysis but the baldness can be due to male pattern baldness. Androgenic alopecia is a common form of hair loss and typically occurs in M shaped pattern.

Men who have this type of hair loss usually have inherited the trait. Other causes may be use of some drugs, infections and underlying disease, such as lupus or diabetes. A biopsy (taking a small sample of cells to examine under a microscope) of your scalp may be needed to establish the correct diagnosis.

Medicines which are useful are minoxidil and finasteride. Finally one can resort to hair transplantation also. It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your dermatologist. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Joe,

Since you mentioned that you have had this hairline since you were a kid, it is possible you simply have a naturally high hairline; nothing medically wrong.

However since you are still young, there is no telling if this natural hairline will recede further back when you are older.

The best way to find out for sure is to make an appointment with a reputable Hair Transplant doctor. Find THE BEST one in your area.
Some HT doctors can run genetic tests to determine your risk of male patterned baldness later in life.

In any case. Hair Transplants are an option.
While I am female, I was born with a naturally high hairline myself. I chose HT to lower my hairline. I am very satisfied. I am NOT recommending this, just saying it's an option. An expensive option.

HT have made major strides since the 80's.....some cool stuff out there. Check out a hair restoration website for pictures and details.
What is your family history in regards to the health of the hair and hair loss?
I have decided from reading your comments that i do just have a naturally high hairline. My family history is pretty much everyone is bald, not good for me. I have considered HT, but at the moment I think I am too young, considering the likelihood my hairline will recede further. I have started using alecepin caffeine shampoo, hopefully this will keep my hair healthy and stop my hair receeding further. thanks
Joe,

Smart decision! Glad you are deciding to wait until you are older to make any big decisions. Besides, by then science will have advanced even more; benefiting you.

And, you may end up loving your hair, or lack of hair,  the way it is. I happen to think quite a few men look equally great bald.

Good luck with the shampoos.
Definitely agree with your choice! It is always best to wait and see the course of nature before taking any harsh steps. Keep us updated!