Hair Loss (Alopecia) Community
Hairfall and baldness...PLS HELP!!!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Hair Loss (Alopecia).

Hairfall and baldness...PLS HELP!!!

I'm an 18 year old male...my hair started thinning all of a sudden from the age of 15 now my hair line is receding very rapidly and i'm becoming very bald by the day.i've tried so many treatments and hair solutions but in vain.i've tried alopathy, homeo, ayurveda but still no use.
this hairfall problem is also affecting me psychologically and my social life is also very bad.
i'm getting a minority complex when i'm with friends. especially around girls.
Pls Pls somebody Help me out with my hairfall problem. i dont know what to do.
What you may be having is androgenic alopecia. It is mainly genetic but sometimes hormonal imbalance like overproduction of dihydrotestosterone and thyroid hormones irregularities also play an important role.
To rule it out you need to get your thyroid hormone levels, testosterone levels, iron studies, trichoscopy and scalp biopsy done.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Hello Jimmy. My mom used to take Hercules Bioitin for about a year and stopped after her hairs grows back. I have no intention to advertise or something but hope this helps.... But first, please do consult your physician first. It's necessary to know the cause for your hair fall before trying anything. Have a good day Jimmy!!
Hi Jimmy,

I started loosing my hair at 17 :(! Don't worry your not alone. I think you might have Male Pattern baldness the same as me which is unfortunately determined by genetics. However, they are treatments you can get for it which can help! :) Remember, I know its very stressful and you loose a lot of self-esteem and get nervous when you go out but try not to search the internet for cures! Go and see a Dermatologist or an Trichologist, they specialise in hair loss and will be able to determine how your hair loss is happening if its due to genetics, diet etc. Going to get your Hormones and Thyroid levels checked is a good idea too! Try and act now because you will have a greater chance of beating it :)
Good luck mate
I am 20 and I am also facing the same type of problem. It also affects my social life and I am getting depressed.