Hair Loss (Alopecia) Community
Hairloss

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Hair Loss (Alopecia).

Hairloss

I use tretinoin gel with minoxidil for my hairloss. However, I have come across accounts on the net claiming they suffered from hair loss due to tretinoin. Please guide me to the truth, usage and side effects of tretinoin for hair loss treatment. I use propecia, minoxidil 5% & tretinoin 0.025% 15 mins before minoxidil application.
Tags: hairloss, tretinoin gel, Minoxidil
Tretinoin shows some effectiveness for treating androgenetic alopecia, or male pattern baldness, when combined with the medication minoxidil. Tretinoin can cause slight stinging, redness, swelling, blistering and skin crusting. You should use it for specified periods of time under medical guidance.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

How about Fluocinonide ointment 0.05% corticosteroid AND Minoxidil 5% on bald spot? Can I use both for hair regrowth? If so, how often? If not, which is a better option, one or the other?

I was diagnosed with Alopecia and have since grown a bald spot the size of a Baseball. I've already done cortisone injections ONCE and am waiting for the next appointment next month. I HAVE seen some growth but I'm not entirely sure if its due to the cortisone injections alone. I have used minoxidil and fluocinonide occasionally but not everyday. I would like to know if using those two solutions may help.