Hair Loss (Alopecia) Community
Having hair fall and now washing hair without shampoo

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Hair Loss (Alopecia).

I've been having hair fall for about 10 years already and now, I'm trying to "No-Poo" or the no shampoo regimen which paleo fans have been doing as well. I've been on this routine for 6 months already and it has lessened my dandruff, especially the parts of my scalp near my forehead. However, that routine requires me to skip shampoo and that makes the hair all tangled up making it harder to wash with water. So to avoid further hair fall, I've been dipping my hair in the a tub of water and sometimes dipping the top of my head as well and then letting my hair air dry without combing at all (i don't have any obligations outside or even inside the house in the AM) So far, it's been okay, I really just have to clean up the hair strands that I leave in the bathroom and, well, everywhere I go to. However, one time, I combed my hair while it was about 50% wet and then counted the number of strands and it was about 124. I'm confident though that skipping shampoo doesn't cause the increase of hair fall, it's mostly the tangling of the hair. When I used to wash my hair everyday, I could count up to 80 strands of fallen hair all throughout the day. What do the experts think of the no-poo experiment and can it help me lessen my hair fall? Thanks.
Tags: no-poo, tangles, hair fall, hair, Shampoo, dandruff, scalp, long hair
You should wash your hair with a mild shampoo atleast once in a week as not washing the hair may cause further worsening of the condition. Causes of hair fall   could be like   nutrients and proteins deficiency in the hair cells, emotional or physical stress, hormonal imbalances, dandruff, and serious illness like a tumors, infectious disease and Alopecia areata. If there is underlying disease or nutritional deficiency .Give your diet an overhaul if you're lacking vital nutrients for growth and switch to foods for healthy hair. If it's related to an illness, it can be reversed by effectively treating the underlying cause.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

you may try nisimindia with olive oil. it's have real ingredient really it's very gud for my hair :- nisimindia.com
Hi man, hair fall is the general issue these days. Sometimes it depend on water also. You need to use Shampoo at-least once in a week but I will recommend you to use Ayurveda shampoo as it will clean your hair and will not have side effects. Cleaning hair is highly recommended to reduce hair fall.
You can use These tips to prevent hair loss :---

1. Hot oil treatments: Take any natural oil - olive, coconut, canola - and heat it up so that it is warm, but not too hot. Massage it gently into your scalp. Put on a shower cap and leave it on for an hour, then shampoo your hair.

2. Natural juices: You can rub your scalp with either garlic juice, onion juice or ginger juice. Leave it on overnight and wash it thoroughly in the morning.

3. Get a head massage: Massaging your scalp for a few minutes daily will help stimulate circulation. Good circulation in the scalp keeps hair follicles active. Circulation may be improved through massage by using a few drops of lavender or bay essential oil in an almond or sesame oil base.

4. Antioxidants: Apply warm green tea (two bags brewed in one cup of water) on your scalp and leave this mixture on for an hour and then rinse. Green tea contains antioxidants which prevent hair loss and boost hair growth.

5. Practice meditation: Believe it or not, most of the times, the root cause for hair loss is stress and tension. Meditation can help in reducing that and restore hormonal balance.