Hair Loss (Alopecia) Community
Ketoconazole Shampoo 2%

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Hair Loss (Alopecia).

Ketoconazole Shampoo 2%

I have tinea versicolor so the Doctor prescribed the cream for the body and the shampoo.

I'm 19 and am starting to realize that my hairline is receding, the dermatologist said its lv 2 receding hairline from the chart. It's not HORRIBLE but it's still destroying my confidence.

My question is, will the Ketoconazole Shampoo 2% make the growth, hair loss, and health of my hair worse or am I being paranoid? Also, should I only use this shampoo and not combine it with other shampoos or conditioners until there's no more left?
  • hair fall ! (2 replies):
    Hi , I had straightning for three times. Now i have ...[more]
  • vhair loss (1 replies):
    whats the best vitamins for hair regrowth and thinning h...[more]
  • hair fall (2 replies):
    how to stop very terrible hair fall????
  • Hairloss (1 replies):
    Hi, i am a 20 year old male and am experiencing an incr...[more]
  • Scalp Problems (1 replies):
    I'm, 52, female and had a staph infection on my scalp a ...[more]
Receding hair line is not a side effect of ketoconazole 2% shampoo. You may be having male pattern baldness. But it can be due to deficient diet also. you need to pay attention to your diet. Your hair needs vitamins and minerals to grow that it can only get from the bloodstream. So if you want to speed up your hair growth and thickness you should limit the intake of fat and salts. Selenium, zinc and magnesium are some of the minerals that your hair needs and also amino acids and vitamin E will help in growing hairs. You can regularly massage scalp with oil, use protein conditioner to avoid loss and help growing, prevent exposure in hot sun etc.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.