Please help me, I am desperate.
I don't have insurance, nor the money to go to a dermatologist. 6 or so months after starting Depo-provera birth control my hair started falling out, thinning dramatically and my skin/hair got EXTREMELY oily. I got 2 more shots thinking it will subside. It has been 5-6 months since skipping my shot appointment and I have balding spots, and extremely thin hair..still falling out, including still having to wash my hair every day. I had my thyroid checked before my insurance was taken away, and it was fine. When will this correct itself? Will it ever? I just started up DIM supplements for hormone correction and I've been taking Biotin supplements for a few months.

Hair fall is a physiological phenomenon due to the natural course of life of a hair. A hair falls after it has grown up and entered the later part of its growth (called the telogen phase). As different hairs in the body are in different phases of their growths at a given time, few of then fall daily a normal routine. Sometimes, more hairs enter into the telogen phase at the same time and fall with obvious note by the person. At other times, it may be due hair disorder or some other underlying disease. So, the causes for excessive hair fall may be physiological or pathological and include hormonal changes, fungal infection, physical effects (traction, heat, chemicals), psychological & stress-related reasons, thyroid disorders, iron deficiency anemia, excessive intake of Vitamin A, hereditary reasons etc. I suggest you to take opinion of a Dermatologist who will do a methodical medical check-up and advice accordingly.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.