Hair Loss (Alopecia) Community
Prilosec Causing Hairloss
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Hair Loss (Alopecia).

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Prilosec Causing Hairloss

I have been taking prilosec for about several years now and have been experiencing continuous hair loss. It took awhile before realizing it was a side effect from the prilosec.  I have been finding hair in my nightgowns etc.  I unfortunately cannot go off the medicine and therefore was thinking about switching to aciphex. While researching the aciphex I found that it may cause hair loss as well.  Is anyone familiar with or experiencing hair loss associated with either of these medications?
Tags: Prilosec/Hair Loss, prilosec/hairloss
563773_tn?1374250139
Hello,
Hair loss is a rare side effect of Prilosec. Prilosec contains omeprazole and is used for gastritis and GERD (gastroesophageal reflux). Eat small nutritious meals at frequent intervals instead of a heavy single meal. Exercise frequently and take your dinner atleast 2 hrs prior to bedtime. Also raise the head end of the bed by 2 blocks.

You can also take some antacid like Maalox and Mylanta or medications like zantac after consulting your doctor.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Hair Loss (Alopecia) Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
How to Silence Your Inner Critic an...