Hair Loss (Alopecia) Community
Silly question??
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Hair Loss (Alopecia).

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Silly question??

This may be a very silly question in a way, but please bear with me.
Well my mother has Alopecia, its been one of the things which has been bothering me most times, seeing she wears a wig there are certain things she is not able to do, eg, go on rides that expose her head to the wind (her wig will fly off), or go in the pool, not that she goes to the pool but you understand where i am heading, right?
Well anyway, i was wondering if there are any creams, or anything at all, that she could use or anything she can do  (If she wants to) to grow it back. This question may be pointless seeing my mum has had no hair for many years, and it may be too late now, but its worth a try....
Blank
563773_tn?1374250139
Hello,
There are many medications to improve hair loss like finasteride, dutasteride and topically applied minoxidil but these are available only under prescription. Finally one can resort to hair transplantation also.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
563773_tn?1374250139
Hello,
There are many medications to improve hair loss like finasteride, dutasteride and topically applied minoxidil but these are available only under prescription. Finally one can resort to hair transplantation also.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Blank
4059843_tn?1402216397
Thank you very much for your comment. It has helped thanks. :)
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Hair Loss (Alopecia) Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...