Silly question??
This may be a very silly question in a way, but please bear with me.
Well my mother has Alopecia, its been one of the things which has been bothering me most times, seeing she wears a wig there are certain things she is not able to do, eg, go on rides that expose her head to the wind (her wig will fly off), or go in the pool, not that she goes to the pool but you understand where i am heading, right?
Well anyway, i was wondering if there are any creams, or anything at all, that she could use or anything she can do  (If she wants to) to grow it back. This question may be pointless seeing my mum has had no hair for many years, and it may be too late now, but its worth a try....
There are many medications to improve hair loss like finasteride, dutasteride and topically applied minoxidil but these are available only under prescription. Finally one can resort to hair transplantation also.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Thank you very much for your comment. It has helped thanks. :)