Hair Loss (Alopecia) Community
Small Bald Spot Since Birth

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Hair Loss (Alopecia).

Small Bald Spot Since Birth

I am a 22 year old male and have a small bald spot. I have had it since birth and it is literally the shape and size of a thumb print. I have been told that during my delivery the nurse took hold of my head and what resulted was a small sore. It then scabbed and I have never been able to grow hair on that spot. I do not believe it is a true scar as there are a few hairs that grow in the middle. Is there any kind of topical treatment that I could use to stimulate (or regrow) hair on this spot? I have considered Rogaine but I feel like it is a little extreme and am concerned about its health risks and longevity. Might there be some sort of natural treatment?

Thank you for your time and consideration.
Medicines which are useful for such a bald spot are minoxidil and finasteride. But they should always be used under medical supervision. Finally one can resort to hair transplantation also.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.