Terrible hair loss
My scalp is red, itchy and have painful pimples all over as soon as I go off Minocykline. I've now been on the Mino for 5 whole years, but last month I decided to go off them to see what would happen. Just within two days my scalp started to itch, got red and inflamed, the zits appeared all over and I'm totally miserable. Almost a month off of the Mino I just couldn't stand it anymore and begun to take them again. Now almost a week later my scalp feels tons better.

During this inflammation my hair loss picked up really bad. My hairs been pretty good up until about June this year and I've lost a lot of my hair. Even when I was on the Mino. I have to use Toppik now to hide my scalp. Even though my scalp is not red, itchy or have any pimples as of a week now, my hair is still falling out.

I've used the Hairmax laser comb since end of July, about 12 weeks now. I do have a bunch of regrowht, my hair actually stopped falling out, but started up again after quitting the Minocykline. It's so bad, I feel so embarrassed and is slipping into a depression, not wanting to leave my house.

I just stopped eating gluten, been off it for one week now. My mom is gluten intolerant and since it is genetic I thought I might just as well try. Is there anyone here that recognize this problem and have found a solution? I'm pretty desperate...

Thank you!
I do think diet can play a part in hair growth but not sure if its totally to blame for hair loss… how are you getting on at the moment? Do you find that you're skin is irritated when wearing a piece?
The symptoms are suggestive of folliculitis or perifolliculitis. It is characterised by small, very itchy pustules within the scalp, often most troublesome on the frontal hairline. The scalp should be washed with a mild normal shampoo as often as desired. Antidandruff shampoos containing antifungal agents such as ketoconazole or ciclopirox are sometimes helpful. Apart from that you need topical and oral antibiotics, antihistamines, oral steroids and topical tretinoin.

My sincere advice is to get it examined from a dermatologist. It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Keep us posted once you do get a diagnosis; I have found the users of this forum so very helpful in my journey to solve hair loss.
Aloe vera is amazing, not only for promoting healthy hair growth but for the skin and just generally health!
Hello Doctor Bhupinder Kaur. Thank you for taking an active role on this forum.

I am also suffering from same conditions as original poster MirryB mentioned it. I seen so many dermatologist used Ketoconazole 2% Shampoo, took orally 1 tablet a day Ketoconazole 200MG for 10 days...nothing help. I spend so much money in order to seek help but doctors were not really very interested in my problem. This condition eventually made me bold =( and whats worse after all having no hair left I am still having this problem....it just makes me feel misrable. Thank you in advance for any reply.  If someone could promise me something solid I would even willing to travel but at this point I lost hope in doctors
Would you consider a hair system?
To answer your question quick No I would never consider any hair system unless suffering person is a female but then again I am not sure even if woman will consider it. I am stilling suffering with my scalp itching, got red and inflamed, the zits appeared so I am still seek for it =(
Oh no :( well keep us updated, wishing you all the best
yeap its very unfortunate that doctors could care less and not eager to help
Agreed, doesn't help situations at all