Hair Loss (Alopecia) Community
Wierd bald spots

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Hair Loss (Alopecia).

Wierd bald spots

I have weird bald spots on both sides of my head. My hair is not going bald anywhere else just on the sides of my head. I first noticed it when I was 14 and I am pretty sure I developed it when I was 14, I never saw this before except then,  and now I am 18 and they have not grown bigger their just there in strange gaps. When my hair grows the hair grows over it and one is a 1/4 of an inch thick, the other is 1/2 of an inch thick. It is very strange

Can you tell me what it is?
Is it just the way my hair grows?
Have you shown these spots to your Dr? It sounds like alopecia but I have'nt seen it and I'm not a Dr so I can not say for sure.
Have it looked at. They may be able to give you a med to apply to the area. Take care. Remar
i can't really say if it is alopecia. but, i think its alopecia from the way you describe it. you should go see a doctor just to be sure.