Hair Loss (Alopecia) Community
bald spots.

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Hair Loss (Alopecia).

bald spots.

Im 27 years old and have what i think to be alopica. (seeing a hair doctor in feb)
I had a small bald spot and its begiining to speard.
I have a small patch of white hair growing on the first place i lost hair,is that good?
My head is veru itchy in place does that mean more will full out?
And has anyone tried  herbal pills called nourkrin? ive started them and hoping for the best?
I have had alopecia for 45 years... Wow!  I'm getting OLD!  Alopecia is very common, is NOT contagious and is not a "stress" disease.  The cause is not known but it is believed to be an autoimmune disorder.  Usually the spots start as dime to quarter size.  In my case, itching was an indication that a spot was starting.  When the hair grew back it grew back white.  The thing about alopecia, though.... every case is different.  Some people lose a few spots of hair and never have any sign again.  Other people lose all of their hair in a matter of weeks or days.  Often, the older you are when you first get it  the more likely it won't be a lifetime problem.  I was 10 when my hair first fell out - 11 when it grew back -- then, I would lose patches until my early 20s.  Since 23 I have not had a period of time where I had all my hair or felt comfortable without a wig.  Having lived with it for so long I have accepted this as my fate in life and don't dwell on it.  But, for someone new to this it can be very scary and depressing -- so make sure you take care of yourself and mental health!  I have not tried nourkrin.  I understand there has been success with minoxidil in some cases -- but, get a prescription from your dermatologist.  You might also consider looking at the National Alopecia Areata Foundation's website (NAAF.org) for further insight.  Feel free to contact me as well.
Thanks for your advise,your right it is scary,im so so scary.
Its so hard to deal with and i think your amazing to cope so well.
My hair is coming back white in a few places but more spots are happening.
Do you know how long it takes if im going to loss all my hair and will the white hair remain white? Is it a good sign that i have white hair coming back?
HAve you tried anything to help your hair grow.x
For the hair to grow back in white is common -- and it often turns back to your original color.  I've known people who lose all of their hair practically overnight and others (like my husband) who gets a spot here, gets a spot there and so on.  It's different for every person.

I understand that there has been some success in some people with minoxidil.  As a kid my mom tried all kinds of stuff... and I even had steroid shots in my scalp for awhile.  OUCH!  But that was years ago.  Frankly, I don't really care anymore because I have lived with this for so long.  But, to you it's a new and scary thing and I certainly understand your fear.  The main thing is you are not your hair.  You are your heart and your brain and your soul.  Losing your hair is not physically painful nor is it life threatening.  Sure... it would be nice to have a beautiful head of hair.  It would also be nice to be rich and skinny.  But, I'm not and there's not much I can do about it.  So, I focus on the good things in my life.. my family, my job, my health.  

Please keep us posted how you're doing!  
Thanks for your reply.
I will keep you updated,you are a veryy strong lady
Hospital called today they brought my appointment forward i go tomorrow,so will kepp you updated
Hi there,
Well went hospital and the doctor made me fill worse,
He told me what was wrong with me before looking at my hair,
Then when he looked brifely he said there slight hair regrowth so not to worry!!!
I tried asking bout things to try,he told me that minoildi is for men so i cant try it.
I then said to him im 27 will i go bald hee said no you wont go bald and sent me on my way.
I cannot believe i was in and out of there within 3 minutes with only a few words spoken to me. He was so rude and has made me fill 10 times worse!
I have anough appointment in Fed,lets hope they talk to me better.
My hiar is still fulling out but there is hair regrowth on the first two patches i lost.
Hi hope your well,went to the hospital appt and the doctor  was more caring,she gave me cream,blood test and go back in 3 months.
Up date on my hair is that its still fulling out and im praying it will stop but i have white hair on lots of the spots which im hoping will stay be even better if they go back to me natural colour. Do you think my hair coming back white is a good sign.
You might check to see if you are hypothyroid. The first sign that I had was that I would develop a quarter-sized bald spot behind one ear. It would grow back and then fall out again. Hypothyroidism can be successfully treated.
Thanks for the info,i have had a normal blood test it came back fine is there anny other test to confirm it?