Hair Loss (Alopecia) Community
hair loss/thinning/scalp itch and pain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Hair Loss (Alopecia).

hair loss/thinning/scalp itch and pain

This may be a better place to post my comment. I

I am a 19 year old male, for nearly a year i have been having hair loss/thinning and a severe itch on my scalp where some days it becomes very intense and prevents me from doing my day to day activities as it requires me to remain indoors sometime as whenever i try i relieve the pain by stroking my hair it cuases my scalp to hurt by moving my hair follicules, and whenever at the site of the itch hair seems to fall there. i also have spots that seem to appear on the sides and back of my scalp as well where some you can feel as bumps but not see. My scalp becomes very greasy and oily everyday and requires me to wash my hair and this may sound strange but when i look at  a hair strand that has fallen the the hair shaft nearer to the root tip always is thinner in diameter then the hair tip. i have been to a dermotologist where they have said that i have male pattern baldeness but they did not say anything about my scalp pain or itch. i have then gone to the institute of tricologist in London where the consultant has said that its not male pattern baldness as the hair loss is thinning and being post on the top sides' and back of my scalp and said that it may be telegon effluviam and folliculitus (folliculitis) which he gave me an iodine based shampoo to relieve the itch and pain. However the hair loss / itchy scalp has still remianed and i do not know what to do i have attached a picture to show what the loss looks like on the top of my scalp this time i cannot seem to add more than one but if you wish for more photos i will send them to you. my scalp also seems to appear red. this may not aid to your response but my eyes always itch after i touched my hair and then rub my eyes where by my eyes begin to pain, Also my eyebrow and eye lash hair fall as well. i would like to thank you again for taking your time, i really would appriciate an answer as i cannot seem to get one that would help me
Tags: Pain, itch, spots, hair loss, help me
If your scalp is in pain or inflammation better take topical preparation that has steroidal content. There are lots to choose from.
I think you should visit a dermatologist before every strand of hair falls down with each brush of your comb. May be there is some kind of an infection that he would be able to identify and solve your problem as you are quite young for such hair problems.
Yes I totall agree with this.
you have some choices look up what is happening from the radiation fallout form Fukushima and also the chemicals they are spraying ...ginger899 has a journal up you may want to read ....symptoms also are dry cough, doesnt go way ...s ore throat..itchy sore eyes .hair loss, stomach problems and more ..Doctors do not seem to know about it ...yet it is admitted ..You can have a Heavy Metal toxicity test may tell you what toxins you have and how to remove them.
Hair loss usually comes in spurts. It is not an even progression. There is also the phenomenon of seasonal shedding. Many people shed more in the spring and fall than they do in the summer and winter.
Me neither product did not help. I read on the net, so I tried the tea rinse after shampooing. You only need to wash your hair with mild shampoo and rinse your hair with chamomile tea (normally boil a cup of tea). It took me a month, and the results are similar to the tea of nettle, when I use shampoo then washes away the nettle tea.