Hair Loss (Alopecia) Community
hopeless
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Hair Loss (Alopecia).

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

hopeless

for the past ten years my scalp has been really tender,  and sore. Plus my hair had falling out really bad, once this started to happen the texture of my hair changed.It got really course. nothing I try works, every month like clockwork I get the soreness, my hair texture is back to normal,but it continues to shed and I have a sore scalp that feels slightly lumpy in some spots. I really am lost. dermatologist products don't work, I had blood work for thyroid and diabetes no help even though I am borderline.
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
1340994_tn?1374197577
Try neem shampoo.  You still might need to get some thyroid to get you up where you need to be to control thyroid symptoms if those levels are borderline.  Also get checked for Celiac disease because it can cause nutritional deficiencies that cause skin conditions and hair loss.  
Blank
4717845_tn?1358363487
I have been experiencing the same symptoms you have with your scalp and hair loss for the past 5 years. I currently have patches of bald spots from the hair loss and don't go anywhere without a hat. It's humiliating. My scalp is extremely itchy at night. Bad. I keep telling my family dr. and he does nothing for it, no tests, nothing, just says I have alopecia areata. My hair texture also changed when the hair loss started and I really want answers. I feel hopeless that I will ever have a normal head of hair and stop itching. Plz let me know if the neem shampoo or anything you  have tried has helped you. Thanks and best of luck.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Hair Loss (Alopecia) Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank