is this forever
DNV
My husband has alopecia totalus, he had it when he was small, his hair grew back and then after high school, it all fell out again, this what about 18 , 19 years ago.. does anyone know if there is a possibility of the hair ever growing back? or is this a permanent thing?
i dont mind at all that he doesnt have any hair, i actually like it , im just curious...
Let me preface this by saying that I was 7yrs old when I first got diagnosed with alopecia areata and I am now 25yrs old (I'm a woman) and I love not having hair.

From the research that I have read the later in life you develop alopecia (any form) the more likely you are to regrow your hair. I'm pretty sure that your husband is on the younger side of developing alopecia if he had it when he was small.
Our bodies go through cycles and every 7 years our bodies change including our hair cycles so there maybe times where he does have hair or more hair than other times.

Best of luck!
~S.A.

P.S. I'm very excited about the development of this community!!!!!