losing hair on only one side of head
Hello there, I'm hoping someone out there may have experianced this problem, or may have some ideas as to what is going on with me,For the last six month, I have been steadly losing the hair on the right side of my body,my mother is a hairstylist she specializes in hair loss ,wigs and hairpieces for any type of hairloss,including cancer, and alopecia.I go to her every six weeks to get a cut and color and she obviously has been cutting my hair since I was a baby,in the past six months I have lost hair on the right side of my head,she showed me the difference between the right side to the left and it was stunning!!! there was a inch difference in length and I am thinning throught out the right side of my head . My mother said she has never seen anything like it that she can remember.and she should know.I have noticed that on the right side of my body hair is not growing at the same rate as the left side,have any of you had a hair loss patten like this? I'm stumped !! thanks
what if all of this is a symptom of our computer age? how many of you are right handed and use a mouse for more than several hours a day? also the imbalances between right and left brained activity?

i have been experiencing this too...right side thinning, lighter than left side...

left hemisphere of brain controls the right side of the body, right hemisphere left side of body...

since left brain is logic/thinking function, right side is intuitive, artistic, feeling....perhaps this is yet another physical manifestation or sign of the imbalance of how we are living our lives...controlled by scientific materialistic way of life (computers, etc)... stress on the left side of the brain may be causing this
i'm a 30 yr female and have the same issue. I have a high level of free testosterone that i'm trying to get under control. There are multiple causes for high free testosterone–different from total testosterone serum (mine is normal) We've ruled out pituitary gland, adrenal gland, and PCOS. You should def. get hormones tested.
I have experienced hair loss on my left side shortely after wearing a L.E.D. lighted ball cap . I worked in an attic for 5 hours came out twice to clean my glasses and wipe sweat , neadless my hat was soaked . Anyway the battery back and wires were built in the left side . I didnt notice anythint after my shower that evening but I was horrified the next morning when I looked in the mirror . The baldness was a large circular pattern above my left ear running rectangular to my side burn . I have continued to loose all this side hair but for now I can cover it with the top side hair . I believe this was an electrolysis caused by my lighted hat . No baldness on either side of family's no stress to cause it and if it is cancer that caused it , well than I won't have to fret about baldness .
I have issues with my hair not growing on the left side,this has been going on for a couple of years now, just more noticeable now. I have been taking biotin, using all natural products. I went to the dermatologist because you could visibly see the 2 inch difference in the length of my hair. They have never seen anything like it before. They had some blood work done and it came back normal . So they suggested I see a different dr.  I am so clueless about what this could be. Any info ?
I have the same issue. The right side of my head does not grow and looks much more unhealther. Something is wrong but the doctors are clueless also. I am afraid of going bald on one side.  I am so stressed out about it.
OK LADIES FORGET THE DOCTORS THERE GOING TO BRUSH YOU OFF EVERYTIME OR MAKE UP SOMETHING, BUT WE KNOW OUR BODIES WE 'VE ONLY LIVED WITH THEM SINCE FOREVER. I HAVE THE EXACT SAME PROBLEMS AS ALL OF YOU. The right side of my hair grows at a different rate than the left side. I can tell you i notice a small difference at first in the hair length,than it just progressed. I went to the vein doctor,because my right leg was bigger at the calf. The doctor after running some test,determined i had some serious circulation problems going on,and sealed the main vein on the right side to stop any further complications,the doctor claims i had bad veins and that they are inherited from someone.He also mention that having kids aggravates it and makes the veins worse.Now since that procedure my hair is growing much slower than before,the left side is more than two inches longer,and the texture of my hair feels totally different.This condition i believe, is most certainly circulation issue. Before the procedure to correct my circulation problem i noticed just a little difference,now its a big difference in hair growth and texture.Honestly i know i would have been better off just getting a tod hose for circulation without any procedure.This circulation problem according to the doctor supposely got worse after i had my first son.hope this helps someone
Well, i've registered because i've read almost all of the posts here, and I wanted to share too. But I have a little difference, it's on the left side!
My left side has a thinner hair. People don't believe me, but I really can feel that the volume on the right side is different from the left one.
I'm only 18 years old and i'm a boy. My beard started growing and guess what? The right side, the opposite from the thinner left side hair, has less beard than the left one!
This is driving me nuts it's been almost a year.. I don't know what to do. Last year my right side hair used to grow faster and longer than the left side. But now that process has stopped and i believe the growing is very similar. On the other hand I still feel that something is wrong on the left side. Family and friends tell that is paranoia, but it isn't.
I'm happy to know that this is not only a problem of mine. But I regret that it happen to you too. I've been reading about this about a year, and honestly, I don't believe this has any cure..
This is rare problem i have seen but some medication will help to get rid of the problem.....
I'm 56 and have had less hair on the right side of my head for -- decades?  I think it started in my mid 30s.  I've never been able to grow my hair to shoulder length, because there's such a noticeable difference in density from left and right side.  The past 5 years or so, I've noticed that the hair breaks off much more frequently on my right side, too -- my husband says it looks like I have twice as much on the left side.  I do sleep on my right side of my head...that could exacerbate the problem, but I'd love it if there were a cure for this!
I am a 65-year-old female who recently moved 75 miles away from her doctor to a different community. I am complaining about the same hair loss/thinning on one side of my head.  My new doctor has "adjusted" my thyroid replacement hormone to a TSH level completely out of line with what it's been for over a decade. I now feel terrible, and I was wondering if the hair loss could be related to this issue--but only one side?  I also found some posts about favoring one side while sleeping being related to this issue, and I definitely do favor sleeping on the thinning, slower growing side--my right side.  I am most bothered by how my hair "feels" than how it looks. I keep my hair very short due to pool exercise and swimming to stay as physically fit as possible.  Having my hair hang lower on the left side is very annoying!  I do agree with those women who have chosen to "listen to their bodies."  My last two doctors were outstanding; however, the top doctors in my new community are not accepting new patients. I am really frustrated with getting my new doctor to listen to me when I attempt to explain how I feel and that treating low thyroid is more of an art than a science. The endocrinologist in this practice refuses to see me unless my general practitioner refers me to her. It seems he is my gatekeeper.  I have POS insurance, and have never before had that problem. However, I do agree that point of service medicine, as practiced in our country, is a problem. Medical practices often treat patients like cattle.  Head em in, head em out! Ka-ching!  

I plan an attempt to sleep on my left side, but I do not hold much hope for the effort.  Perhaps I should try to convince my spouse to swap sides of the bed?  I'll check back in later to let you know what happens.  I agree that this is worrisome. We all have more important things to worry about, I am sure; however, if this is a symptom of something else, we want it resolved so that we can enjoy what is left of our lives!
Nice sharing of information's by all the forum members. Hairs are the most important part of your body. It need more care as compare to other parts of body.
Mostly person use chemical shampoo for hair wash and also hard towel for hair dry. These are the factors that causes of hair loss. I think to neglect from these factors can help to reduce hair loss...  
Your half Werewolf?
Your half Werewolf?
32 / Male / Indian - I had my full head of hair till my college 18 Years.I hope after my college when i get into work the hair loss started at 19 or 20 But very very less.I think this is due to my bad diet , bad sleeping habit and smoking. In 24 I was diagnosed with Active Tuberculosis and undergone treatment for 8 months continuously. On that time i had a slightly receded hairline. After this i hope my hair fall increased but not noticeably. this went on for another 4 years till my 28 and still i got a lot of hair. In my 28 I fell into a heavy emotional stress for atleast three months. But it took me around 7 - 8 months for me to recover from that stress.But i noticed a heavy hair shedding after the four or five months of stress. I saw lots and lots of hair in my Pillows, Bathroom and in my hands during combing. Almost 50 - 60 hairs daily. Also I got into a much wierd situation one sided hair loss. I got some nerve entrapment like situation in the right side of my body (Hope due to Smoking along with tuberculosis) and some strange feelings in my scalp like a tight band around my scalp and tingling, Also i got pain only in the right side of the body including face, arms and legs. My right side Jaws become tight, my right side ear aches, My right side throat was very tight, Right Side neck tight and aching and a feeling that my right side scalp has been pulled down.I went to my physician and asked about this and he simply gave me some muscle relaxant tablets and told everything is alright.This goes for another three years and the heavy shedding is continuous till now from the stress for almost four whole years. after the stress the hair fall is like diffused and before that it was a patterned hair loss with receding hair line. Now my left scalp is having more hair than my top and right scalp. I don't know what to do. My doctors saying no problem is now with my health. My dermatologist says the hair density is equal on both sides. But i feel the difference clearly the density is not equal on both the sides of my scalp. now i stopped smoking for one year and my nervous problem i mentioned is looking like reducing constantly upto 80 %.Now my pain in the right side body, face and scalp has been reduced significantly. Now i am eating Raw Onions, Curry Leaves, Sesame Seeds, Indian Gooseberry, Eclipta alba Powder, Centenella Asiatica powder daily for seeing some hair regrowth. Also applying Onion Juice on scalp dialy and Ginger juice weekly once hoping that my hair follicles will be alive as it fell only due to low blood supply to the scalp and due to the illness caused by the nervous problem. I can feel some bumps in my frontal scalp and clear difference between the forehead skin and scalp. I think the bumps may be hair follicles. Also using Coconut oil boiled with Eclipta Alba for hair daily.

I strongly trust that this can be telogen effluvium with MPB and hope if the TE is cured i can regrow some hair. I am doing research in this more than a year to regrow some hair. But i surely don't want to Go for Minoxidil, fin or propecia or any type of chemical pills. I want to choose only herbs or natural treatments.

Now my hair is falling from all the sides, front, back and from the entire scalp diffusely. Lot of small thin hairs are also falling from all sides of the scalp and mainly from the right side scalp near the ears. My two brother are gone 60 % Bald in their end of 30's.But due to the above problems i already 50 % bald in my early 30's. Desparately i need to reverse this. Can anybody help me.

I can give you more details, if you want and I can also upload my Pictures shortly.

I described my story as much as i can. As a recently married i don't want to go complete bald in my Mid 30's. Also I am losing my self confidence to some extent due to this and not able to concentrate in work. And experiencing problems in my social life. I am avoiding friends in Work place and my Child hood friends also.

Please any one help me what type of hair loss, i am suffering from. Will it be reversed with the natural treatments

Ramesh Kumar
thanks for the good tips for the hair loss. i was facing this issue but i wil fix it ,,
Regards
Hi, I've been reading your post and I totally know how you feel,I have the same problem, although my hair is falling out in the front and (of all places) on the sides,I do have a circulation problem with my legs, but I thought it was from smoking, so I stopped,but my hair is so still so thin that when it starts to grow back it gets to an inch and a half and then breaks,I've been to dermatologists and all they do is tell me to get rogaine,my hair is growing on my left side (very thin) but not on my right side. I won't go out or have company over and I hate looking this way,I had beautiful long blonde thick hair, I'm so sick over this, I'm so depressed!My husband is a very  handsome guy and has great hair,I feel like he should find someone else ,someone pretty with great hair so he can enjoy life! At this point which its been 2 yrs. nowI can't enjoy anything,I feel like everyone is starring if I have to go out (which is very rare) my husband even does the shopping,I feel like such a burden and so ugly,I don't want to live like this anymore and I don't know what to do,even my primary doctor has no answers, and when I went to my vascular doctor they didn't think my circulation had anything to do with it. Maybe I need to find a new set of doctors,anyway I just wanted to tell you I do sympathize with you as a female our hair is our crowning glory so without it I feel so ugly!!!!I hope your circumstances get better!!God Bless!                           If anyone has any advice about my hair problem please leave a message! Thanks,Feeling Ugly and Helpless
Hi, I read your post and I too have a low thyroid issue and I don't think my dr. has me on the proper dosage of synthroid,and I was wondering about diet, what kind of diet should we be on to gain healthy hair?? Not one Dr. ever talks about diet or healthy supplements, why is this...I am withdrawing from everything that is important to me,my family friends and yes even my husband cause I feel sooo ugly!!! My hair is falling out in the front,sides and the back on the top of my head!!! I don't want to live like this I absolutely will not!! I wish I had enough hair ,especially where my bangs used to be, to get extensions but there isn't enough hair to grasp on to. I used to be a pretty woman I had long blonde hair, now my head looks like I have gray single strands that are frizzy and wirey,you can see my scalp just by standing in front of me.:( I look sooo old and I'm 50 and thats not soooo old!!!My face has hardly any wrinkles and I never had any work done.I am not ready to wear a wig, thats for sure,as its fine for some women but as for me I'm not comfortable wearing a wig,Also my husbands ex who by the way lives a few blocks from us, has beautiful long auburn hair she looks GREAT for her age and she's older than me but I look way older than her!! So that shot my confidence which I don't have anymore to begin with!!PLEASE PLEASE if anyone got any information that has helped themPLEASE DO SHARE!!!!I think that blood flow might have alot to do with this, but I sure wish there was an answer on how to correct it!!Thanks for letting me unload my feelings!!Hope everyone can find an answer to this problem!! JoannF54
I've just read over all the posts made on this topic as I too am having the exact same problem with the right side of my head (particularly around/behind the ear). I'm 18, male, have been growing my hair for about 4 years and its been happening for about 1-2 years, slowly thinning until it got to the point where today I woke up and was legitimately concerned about it. I've read it could be due to weight loss of 15lbs or more (possible for me as the "freshman 15" I experienced was reversed, instead loosing a lot of weight from the caf food...). I live on my own now, eating very healthy as I've been craving the fruit and veges so lacking at University... so I hope this brings some kind of improvement.
Failing to notice anything else wrong with me (at least from what I can see), that seems to be the only logical explanation. That being said, I highly doubt its the case with only my right side affected.
The post made by right_and_left also rings true for me. I'm studying software engineering and find myself in the same boat, using a mouse for long times, having the logical left side of my brain work more strenuously than the creative right. I wonder why the "loss" of regular function of the creative right side would keep the left growing fine and vice versa... Possible overuse of left?
In any case, I hope my post provides a little more information on this fruitless search.

I am 24 male, and have visible hairloss to the left side of my head.

Not nice, but not letting it ruin my life. Just something you have to research, work on but not accept at the same time while trying to do something about it.

In the meanwhile there are products which can conceal the hairloss such as Caboki or Toppik or Nanogen Nanofibres.
Also can I just say, I know quite a fair amount about hairloss, and many propecia takers of what I read who have this problem seem to say Propecia has not made this any better, which makes me think it is nothing to do with alopecia.

Just want to see if there are any similarities between yourselves and I:

1)  I noticed in the last few months I get dry skin in my hair (not like dandruff) but rather big clumps, do you get this?

2) Do you use fake tan?

3) Do you have a poor posture (i.e shoulders slumped forward, back hurts fairly often?)

4) Does everyone with this problem here have problems with feeling lethargic, lacking energy (nothing to do with fitness levels or amount of sleep)

Hope to nail this one on the head because no doctors seem to know.. why? - because its a rare problem that they dont need to go into depth to solve because its not life threatening, but its our lives
Regards

[url=http://dentalimplantslosangeles.biz]Dental Implants Los Angeles[/url]
Ok guys,

Your 2 main culprits on most cases would appear to either be:

1) Underactive thyroid or possibly an overactive thyroid
2) Lack of iron through your diet

If you do not consume much iron per day of iron, your hair can face an impact from the lack of.
You need to look at getting about 15mg a day. Without supplementation, foods of a green leafy substance are high in iron, red meats, nuts etc

As for your thyroid, while your noticing this strange hair loss, keep an eye on your energy levels. Do you feel constantly lethargic despite having a good diet and getting a good 7-8 hours of sleep a day?

You could have an underactive thyroid. Lack of thyroid being produced is vital in the appearance of skin, nails and hair.

Iodine supplementation tends to be the answer to this but it would be best to see a doctor.

Hope I have helped
I have noticed over the last little bit that I have a patch not a big patch but noticeable on the right side only, I'm thinking it's stress but have no idea I'm only 32 it's by my sideburns and the hair has thinned out the rest of my hair is thick I have no idea what it could be? Happens to anybody else any suggestions or help
Would be greatly appreciated everyones brushed it off as nothing and no big deal but it bothers me
Hey, I get the same thing and its really starting to worry me now. I woke up one day and my hair was shorter on the left side. Like some one had taken a pair of scissors and just hacked a good 6 inches off the left side. I had It all cut to the same length and now it has been 7 months. The right side is growing lovely but the left side won't grow and is still a lot shorter, I have been. Doctors and told them and they don't seem to be taking anything serious and turned down my request for a brain scan. Its making me miserable
what about me, can any1 help plz. now a year with this hair problem, first was hair breaking, after 3 months was then some bald spots which don't grow back until now. after hair the following was itchy biting sensation all over my body and the head. later again was then in my mouth like ulcer, hairy coated tongue which is cracking today. plz adviser, it now 18 months I'm running trough this but don't find any solution. I was in the STD they told me it no concern and in the HIV was the same no concern regarding my exposure  from a nails scratch as I used to test every month and still got negatives results. really this is killing me, can any1 try to guide me to how I can get help. im about to get married in two years coming but I don't want desappoint my father and all the family as I'm away from them. I was to a dermatolog who told me scabies my problem but I still in doubt and the other doctor said that it fleas desease but this was rejected in the lyme desease forum. any1 here an answer about me!!        
recommend trx2 capsules. did help me a lot in regaining my hairline.

www.trx2.com
http://www.trx2.com/store/trx2-capsules/
Take food supplements that has complete package of biotin, niacin, and BCAA as well as potassium which is found in our hair.
Where can I but  a package with all the supplements in it??
I checked the product of Trx2. Yes it has biotin and nicotinic acid and BCAA which are very essential for our hair growth. Maybe it will help you Joannf54 to take this supplement or you can try other one. Nicotinic acid has a proprietary composition of a Minoxidil however this compound is safe to our body.

How many years you are suffering hair loss?
I also am noticing hair loss on my right side of head but i often find myself sleeping on my right side can this possibly be why?
Could it be mobile phone use and the radiation from the phone. Most people are right handed and maybe why the hair loss is predominately on this side. Here in Australia a leading neurosurgeon Dr Charlie Teo spoke out about it and how he was seeing many patients with tumours behind their ears which he is certain is from mobile phone use although the big phone companies say otherwise supported with their biased and probably self funded testing.
http://au.ibtimes.com/articles/337837/20120507/debate-rages-brain-cancer-risk-mobile-phones.htm
Natural growth of the problem, generally a lot of things about the human body are asymmetric, such as left and right - hand - Eyebrow - Eye - etc.
Also possible with hormone levels, psychological factors, etc., relevant.
Some suggest that you can treat hair loss medicine orally, or decoction overall conditioning look, another diet do not eat spicy food, do not eat greasy food, eat sweets, do not stay up late, do not stress too much.
I think that this sounds like onset of full hair loss unfortunately, but I think you're best to visit a doctor and take it from there? Let us know how you get on.
what you did for this? Beacause i am also facing the same issue.
Hi. I am Adam from Malaysia. Sorry for my broken english. I hope u guys dont mind. I also have same problem, as urs. First I though I am 1st person on earth to have this problem but after searching this, many peoples outside there having the same problem as me.

I have answer for this Question:-

1. This problem can be cause by sleeping on right side. which most peoples do. which give pressure on blood on right side. So hair in right side will not healthy when blood not balance as left side. Its science proven. This is the answer. It happen to starting to age 14 to adult. This is the real answer for this case "lossing hair on right side or left side depend on ur sleeping habits but mostly people sleep on right side".

2. When blood is not balance or slow there your that parts will became unhealthy then will have dandruff and unhealthy and itchy scalp, thinning hair, dry hair which cause ur hair easily fall or broken.

Solution to this problem:

1. Try to sleep straight or left side (for while until problem solve, dont lets left start to have problem too so try to sleep straight is best). I know its difficult but nothing is easy in this world. To achieve ur goal, u have to try it.

2. I have try many shampoo and conditionair to solve dandruff, itchy scalp, dry hair etc but its not work. So i try tropica Bioherb (It's Only found in Malaysia and Singapore) since i am Malaysian so i try this. U can try other brand which are specially for hair lose. I think its same too. Lets talk about Tropica Bioherb which came with one shampoo and cream. Both are very cold when u use it. after i use this shampoo my skin problem have solve (dandruff, itchy scalp, dry hair), feel very fresh after using this shampoo. make sure have only can use shampoo 2-3 time per week. I use 2 times. Then every morning and night before sleep after shower i use cream and massage my right side head with this cream 5-10minutes. because ur blood on right side is not active or balance so u have to massage there everyday to make sure it active back. then for sure ur hair will growth back very fast. This cream is help to lossing hair regrowth back faster.

3. Remember main problem, ur right side have less hair coz blood there not balance as left side. So u have to massage there everyday with cream (I use Tropica Bioherb) 5-10 Minutes in morning and night after shower. make sure ur hair aldy dry 70% after shower. then start massaging that side with cream. u can ur wife or sister or kids to massage u just 5-10minutes not big deal.

4. Try to find coconuts water, and massage with it 10-15 minutes just twice a week. and lets coconuts water on ur head for 30minutes. try to take cloths wets it with coconuts water and put on ur head after massaging. i use everyday because in malaysia its easy to find and very cheap about US0.20 200ml. make sure if u massage with coconuts water everyday so just massage with cream 1 time per day no need twice. 2 time s per day consider very fine for ur hair health.

5. Healthy Life: People who have hair problem can be cause by nutrition too. So make sure u eat balance food. Dont take too much junks food. survey show people have hair problem cause by eat junk food, eat very little (Most of skinny People have Hair problem because of too low nutrition). So make sure take healthy food and take amount u that keep u healthy (BMI 19-21). Eat alot fruits, vegetable, meats, Milk, and rich food with protein calcium vitamins.

Try to buy Zinc tablets too. Its help to stop hair fall. So must by this. every human need 50mg zinc per day. So try to buy this too.

Drink alot water, minimun 2little per day. Ur hair dry because too low level of water in ur skin too. So try to drink alot. try to take milk too because it rich with protein and calcium.

Cost (Per Month):-
Tropica Bioherb (Shampoo & Cream): US40
Coconuts water: US10
Zinc table: US5
Total Cost Me: About US55

Duration to see result: 6month to 1year depend on level of critical problem. I have problem since age 15, now i am 25, i starting using this method at age 24. which means 10 years i never find a ways to solve this. so in my case its take 8-9months to see good result.

One more thing never lazy and never give up. I am sure every problem need hard work. Thats the solution for every problem.

to ask me more detail please email me ***@****. I will try to explaine to u more detail if i have time. Sorry for my english. I hope u guys understand what i means. I just try to help u guys. because i have same problem too. But now its solve. within 1 years. Dont worry every problem have solution if u can understand what cause it. to make sure u have good result never miss everything i explaine above. Thanks

I have answer for this Question:-

Solution to this problem:

Cost (Per Month):-
Tropica Bioherb (Shampoo & Cream): US40
Coconuts water: US10
Zinc table: US5
Total Cost Me: About US55

I have answer for this Question:-

Solution to this problem:

Cost (Per Month):-
Tropica Bioherb (Shampoo & Cream): US40
Coconuts water: US10
Zinc table: US5
Total Cost Me: About US55

Because u sleep on left side.
read my comment below
Hi Ladies,

I've joined this community to share my experience as well. I started loosing hair on my right side in the past 7 months. It's so fast that I can see my scalp in the mirror. I did all kinds of test and nothing is internally wrong. I also went to a scalp analysis Clinique. The Dr. said it could be due to stress, change of location,... apparently my hair produces an extra amount of oil (sebum) which is one reason for my hair loss. Also genetics is adding up to the problem. I talked to a friend who is a pharmacist and she told me to go for natural remedy. So I made the following changes:
- massage my hair with a mix of coconut oil+ mustard oil+ almond oil+ castor oil and leave it for 3 hours
- massage my hair with the mix of egg white+ honey+ olive oil
- use organic baby shampoo
-use henna to color my hair , no more chemical hair color
- massage with bone marrow every 2 weeks

I wont say that I got all my hair back but I see some improvement. Also, try to stay away from STRESS.
Too much showering, could be culprit as well.

Oils are very important.

Also try less shampoo sometimes.

I also have experienced total baldness at the right side of my head. It seems to have spread .  At some time I had anemia; I don't know if this had anything to do with it or not.  I am Afro American and have always worn tight ponytails.  But I don't believe that would be it because why would it just be bald on one side of my hair?  I have questioned in my mind if it is due to a tumor, cancer or even use of cell phone use.  I have been
to a hematologist who even ruled out Lupus.  I would really like to know what the cause of this is and how to treat it. Do you think going to a dermatologist would help?  
check your ferritin serum and if it is low normal....low iron causes hair loss
It seems all of you are suffering from Telogen Effluvium. Please read the article below to resolve the problem.

http://www.webmd.com/skin-problems-and-treatments/hair-loss/effluviums

I just joined a forum for the first time in order to share with you that I, too, have the problem of losing hair only on the right side.  It's happened gradually over the last 2-3 years, but now the right side has approx. 1/2 the hair as the left side.  The falling out (at the root) seemed to stop when I started taking zinc, but has resumed - so I guess zinc isn't the answer.
MY HAIR BEEN DOING THAT FOR YEARS AND I DONT UNDERSTAND IT EITHER. I HAVE TRIED KERANIQUE WHICH IS SO EXPENSIVE AND ONLY WORKED FOR A MONTH. MY HAIR ALSO FINALLY BEGINS TO GROW WHEN IM PREGNANT WHICH PROBABLY EVERY FEMALE EXPERIENCED. BUT EVEN WITH VITAMINS AND SUPPLEMENTS IT GOES RIGHT BACK TO FALLING OUT AFTER HAVING THE BABY. THE WHOLE RIGHT SIDE OF MY BODY IS BIGGER THAN THE LEFT SO MAYBE ITS A GENETIC PROBLEM. MY MOTHER, WHO MY HAIR LIKE, HAS LONG HAIR NOW DUE TO DECIDING TO DREAD IT. I DONT WANT THOSE AND WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHAT BESIDE THAT WOULD WORK.  
Everybody have your hormones checked. I did and my progesterone and estrogen levels were very low. I started using natural usp hormone creams (you can get them at whole foods or on amazon or vitamin stores) to help restore my levels and my hair and eyelashes stopped falling out. I'm still having a small problem with one spot on the right side of my head breaking off, but I think it's a circulation issue - I've had poor circulation my whole life. I'm taking different chinese herbs for this, and at the very least they make me feel better and improve my vision. See an acupuncturist who may be able to guide you in the right direction. I took the medical route originally, and got the same answer as many on here - see a dermatologist, nothing is wrong with you, blah blah blah.
This is currently happening to me except I have lost 7 inches off my hair on my left side in 4 months. I have absolutely no idea what to do
that's interesting.  I was having the same problem?  My friends and family said it was because i was sleeping on my right side more than i did my left.  Well.. that didn't help much.  There IS one thing that i have noticed.  I've stopped taking a lot of vitamins and DHT blockers.  I was told that i had high levels of testosterone, and that DHT blockers would prevent this.  So i started out taking Hair Omega with DHT blockers, then that graduated to two others.  One of them was Folliform with DHT blockers.  THEN i was taking hair vitamins.  Andrew Lessman is NOT cheap.  Then Biotin, then more hair vitamins, then DIM, then multivitamins, then hyaluronic acid caps, then chia seeds, then a no gluten diet, then another diet, then something to increase my arterial supply to my head, then gravity boots, then garlic/onion/cayenne pepper massages, then the "green house" method, then the "baggy" method (wearing a plastic cap on your head overnight)..

I stopped all of this.. All of it.. I just  wash my hair, do an occasional ACV rinse (apple cider vinegar cut down the DHT instantly), and a leave conditioner.  And you know what?  Since November of 2015, i have hair sprouting back in my bald spots.

From what i'm gathering? It was too much vitamin A..
I have been loosing my hair down the middle of my head and thinning. My hair down the middle of my body also is thinning,any clues what causes it?
I want to know  what can I do to get my hair back right on both sides of my head?