Hair Loss (Alopecia) Community
losing hair on only one side of head

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Hair Loss (Alopecia).

losing hair on only one side of head

Hello there, I'm hoping someone out there may have experianced this problem, or may have some ideas as to what is going on with me,For the last six month, I have been steadly losing the hair on the right side of my body,my mother is a hairstylist she specializes in hair loss ,wigs and hairpieces for any type of hairloss,including cancer, and alopecia.I go to her every six weeks to get a cut and color and she obviously has been cutting my hair since I was a baby,in the past six months I have lost hair on the right side of my head,she showed me the difference between the right side to the left and it was stunning!!! there was a inch difference in length and I am thinning throught out the right side of my head . My mother said she has never seen anything like it that she can remember.and she should know.I have noticed that on the right side of my body hair is not growing at the same rate as the left side,have any of you had a hair loss patten like this? I'm stumped !! thanks
I was just searching the internet and came across your post.   I had to respond because this is exactly what's happening to me!  The right side of my hair is significantly thinner, and shorter due to the fact that it breaks off easily about mid shaft.  I'm completely at a loss but it's great to hear I'm not the only one with a crazy head of hair!
My hair thinning has been only on the right side also.  I also have a fairly
large forehead and a now receeding hair line.  I've been using Rogaine on the hairline at my temples. I'm seeing regrowth there.  I've been putting Rogaine on the right side of my head, but I'm not sure if it is even
doing anything.  I also have hair thinning on the right arm.  Even my pubic hair is noticably less on the right!
Aside from that, my 10 year old (super preemie) has a larger forehead
than mine.  Has anyone dealt with hair growth where there was none
prior?  Kids can be monsters at that age.  She also has really fine,
thin hair on the rest of her head.  (She also has developed underarm and pubic hair at 10.  But that's another story...)
I'm just reading up on some information about hair lost because i have hit that stage where my hair is slowly thinning.  A friend of mine referred me a Chinese herbal spray that helps with hair growth.  He has been using it for awhile and he said it had helped him greatly and surprisingly i see the difference on his hair too... he got the spray at a Chinese herbal store.  But i just purchased it on their website www.88herb.com.  I'm on my first spray and eagerly waiting for it to work.  i'm just spreading this and hopefully it will help you too.  Their price is very reasonable!
Did you all have a physical check up? I read some info on line that some people lost hair only on one side of their heads was due to cancer. You might want to rule it out.
hi my sisters a hair dresser and today both she and the salon manager confirmed that my hair is both thinning and breaking off on the right side, and as you said she showed me the differance and its shocking. im now worried as im tired and have felt genuinly unwell for a long time.

Hi everyone,
thanks for all of your input and respones!! I am still losing and growing hair at a slower rate on the right side of my body.I did find out that,.. it is rare but  this can  happen in people that experience a stroke like in my case,  or have T.I,A's or a disruption of bloodflow , some type of trama ect. to the brain. cancer or , also in my case a benign tumor,again recently uncovered but probably been in my brain for many many years.If you think that you have any of these conditions talk to your doctors.I'm  still not of good health,and I worry about another stroke at the age of 43, please don't brush off ( no pun intended!! ) hair loss especially when it is so symptomatic !!

Same issue here.. started with some diffuse thinning on the right side. Now i can see my left side hair grows longer than the right side. Its difficult convincing people this is an issue. But i can feel that hair volume on the right is lesser than it was before. Also the texture feels changed. My derm agrees that the right side, in the front has some thinning, but not the back. There is hair the further back i go, but i feel that the hair there is lesser than the right. The derm said it might be MPB or mild attack of alopecia areata.
Not sure what else i can do. Going to the hair club next week to see if they can do a miniaturization mapping (check out http://www.baldingblog.com/) search for miniaturization mapping... that might help first prove/disprove the fact that the hair all over the right is thin.

Will post back with those results on the 4th dec.
Any tests you had done or recommend which i can try.

Thank you
Got the same problem of hair thinning on the right side of my head only. Any new info on what this might be.  Been to several doctors but no answer. Would like to have an update from you.
I recently discovered I have two large bald spots on the right side of my head. They are at least the size of a quarter or even a half dollar.  My doctor told me it could be stress.  She checked my thyroid level and it was 5.5.  That is a little high.....but could that be the reason my hair is falling out on one side and mainly in the same area??  I have cardiovascular issues and depression.  My doctors do not believe the meds are causing it. I do not have baldness in my family. I am female and 53 ....... email address  ***@****
Hi, everyone. I've been having this same problem for several months now too where the hair on just the right side of my head is thinning. I use a RoboCut vacuum haircutter to cut my hair and I set it to cut my hair all the same length, and it does a great job, so I knew it wasn't just the result of a bad haircut I got from a barber or whatever. I noticed it because I noticed that the hair on the right side of my head started to get harder to manage and make it look right. The hair on the left side of my head was just fine and effortlessly covered my ear and looked great without me having to do hardly anything to it, but the right side was constantly giving me trouble and I noticed it was a lot harder to make that side look nice like the left side and it had trouble covering over my ear like on the left side. Well, then one time I was "fluffing" my hair up by brushing it from the bottom of my scalp, like underneath my ears, with my fingers and going all the way up to the top and then repeating it several times to "fluff it up" before I fix it down, and I noticed that the hair on the left side was all thick and nice like it's always been and the hair on the right seemed...a lot less.

I've also just recently noticed that I'm getting some gray hairs only on the right side of my head. I got tired of seeing them and have been plucking them out for the past few days or so, and I estimate that I've plucked out like...ten or fifteen or so gray hairs or something like that, but I looked on the left side of my head and brushed through the left side with my fingers to look underneath to the lower layers of hair to search for gray hairs and I didn't find any.

Anyway, this is driving me crazy and I really want to know why this is happening and more importantly how to make it stop. I'm theorizing that this is being caused due to lack of sufficient blood flow in just the right side of the scalp. I'm not sure why this loss of blood flow would occur in only one side of the head like this, but I'm guessing it has something to do with how the veins are "wired" throughout our heads. I think I've also noticed that when I walk a few miles or do something else to get my blood pumping, if I pay attention to it, I notice I can feel the left side of my head pulsing along with my heartbeat as my blood pumps through it, but I'm not feeling that pulsing feeling in the right side of my head. Also, the fact that some of my hairs are turning gray on just the right side also suggests that this could be caused due to lack of blood flow because if you don't have enough of certain nutrients, then that can cause your hair to turn gray, and if you think about it, if your blood isn't flowing or if the blood flow is significantly reduced through one side of your scalp like that, then that side isn't going to be getting those essential nutrients regardless of how much of those nutrients you have in your blood. This effect should stop once normal blood flow resumes.

I also find it interesting that everyone here is saying that they're experiencing thinning on the *right* side of their head. No one is saying that it's happening on the left. This also leads me to believe that it's got something to do with how our veins are wired or something common to everyone like that as opposed to being just coincidence. I wonder if this could even happen on the left side of the head. If so, it still seems a lot more common that it happens on the right. I just wish I knew for sure exactly what was causing it.

Now, if this is caused by lack of blood flow, the big question I still have is *why* the blood flow is being restricted on that side of the head. I really want to go to a doctor and ask them about this issue, but the problem with that is that I know you can almost never really trust what a doctor tells you. I mean, let's face it: most of them just want to tell you anything whether or not that's what the real problem is, especially in a case like this where they'd probably have to do a lot of research themselves to find out what's causing it, and then they wanna just prescribe you some drugs and receive their financial kickbacks from the drug companies. Unfortunately, like everything else in this corrupt world, it's all about money. It's very hard or just about impossible to find someone, doctor or otherwise, who actually really cares and would want to take the time and put forth the extra effort to find out what's really wrong and really try to help you through it. ...The whole thing is just endlessly frustrating. ...I think I'm still gonna see a doctor about it, but I don't have a lot of faith in him or her really addressing the issue and finding out what's really wrong.

If anyone can somehow find out exactly why this is happening and more importantly how to make it stop, please, please, *please* let me know. I really don't want my life to end already, but I know me and I know that if this problem continues to get worse and worse, I'm gonna end up totally withdrawing from the world socially whether or not I want to and I'll end up going into a deep depression, like I've been in before for other reasons, and I'll just end up sitting in a house not wanting to even go outside to go to work or anything, and that'll go on until I run out of money and can't pay the bills and then I'll end up just blowing my brains out. I'm really not trying to be overly graphic or dramatic, but I know that's honestly where this will lead to because I know me and I know how I'll totally obsess over something like this, like I already am, but at least the way it is right now it's not *too* bad and I'm able to disguise it by "fluffing" the right side of my head and trying to make it kind of "poof out" more -- that's the best way I know to describe it -- and also kind of mushing the left side of my hair down so that it's "poofing out" less. The combination of doing these two things makes it look like it's even. It's really upsetting, though, that I have to do that just for it to look even.

...But if it keeps getting worse and worse, eventually I won't be able to disguise it anymore by doing that, and then now I have the graying hairs on that side of the head to worry about too. I also look absolutely *terrible* with a shaved head, so that's not an option. I know some people look okay or even good with shaved heads, but I'm definitely not one of them.

...I just...can't go through life with my hair all gray and thinned out on one side of my head like that. I'll look absolutely ridiculous. ...I know a lot of people will misinterpret this as me being selfish or "not realizing what I do have" or something like that, but that's not what it is. I just know me and I know that I wouldn't be able to function in society like that. I would just...shut down socially until suicide was my only option left. ...I really don't want it to go that far. I've been thinking about it a whole lot lately. I end up thinking about it all day and night actually, even when I'm doing other things. I think about it all the time whether I mean to or not and whether I want to or not. ...I think about all the other things I want to do in my life, and I really don't want it to end already. I mean, sometimes I say I just want to die and leave this world, and I do feel that at the time when I'm really upset about something, but then when I calm down I remember that even though this world is unbearable at times, I still don't want to leave it just yet because there's still things I want to do and people I don't want to leave behind. ...But despite all that, I know how I am and I know I just won't be able to function in society if this problem keeps getting worse.

...Well, anyway, sorry for the little rant there. ...I just really, *really* hope that someone finds out how to make this stop so I can have my life back again.

...Please, if anyone finds out how to fix this problem, please, please, *please* let me know.
I am having the same problem. hair thinning on right side and feels like wire, hard to manage and have to pay alot of attention tho that side, left side is nice feels nice, just happend in apprx 6-8 months.  Have been stressed due to rocky marriage right now but find it hard to believe only losing hair on one side of my head.  Tried sleeping different and everything, get up in the morning and shower, blow dry hair and my fingers have hair in it from the right side.  Hormones??  am 43 yrs old, not liking it at all!!  Any info would be great. Going to gyno next thursday maybe he can test the hormones see if it from that.  I cant stand the fact of going bald on one side of my head.
I just joined a forum for the first time in order to share with you that I, too, have the problem of losing hair only on the right side.  It's happened gradually over the last 2-3 years, but now the right side has approx. 1/2 the hair as the left side.  The falling out (at the root) seemed to stop when I started taking zinc, but has resumed - so I guess zinc isn't the answer.

I've been as frustrated as you all because hair loss could be related to S0 many things, and also because doctors don't seem much interested.  It seems to me, though, that hair loss on just one side may have fewer possible causes and narrow down our search for answers/solutions.

The blood flow/circulation angle seems plausible to me.  I have thought about scalp massage, but worry about aggravating or accelerating.

Please count me as one of your friends.  

Sweetheart - your feelings of desperation and sadness at an imbalance of hair on your head have me very troubled.  There are many struggles/obstacles we will face in this world and while hair imbalance/loss is certainly one of them, it is by no means the end of the world.  Having had many similar feelings when I was younger, I can sympathize and most importantly, tell you there is a solution.  Over-concern and over-reaction such as this point to a need to develop coping skills with life and also point to a very likely imbalance of neurotransmitters in the brain (remarkably common problem which can easily be helped).  While I agree with your perception of the medical profession (to a large degree), sometimes they can help.  There are also natural alternatives for straightening out neurotransmitter imbalance.  One classic symptom of serotonin deficiency is the excessive fear and obsessing that you express in your post.  There are natural remedies to correct this.  Some, such as vinpocetine, also help with cerebral blood flow that you mention.  I wish you all the best.  All problems are surmountable.  Keep the faith!  
Hello, HappyMaineResident. Thank you very much for taking the time to respond to my post. I see you live in Fredericksburg, Virginia. I just moved from there back to Manassas, Virginia, but I'm regretting the move.

Anyway, while I do appreciate your concern, I don't think that I'm overreacting to this. I mean, it is a very big deal because this is the body that I have to live in that I'm talking about. It's a very big deal if I have to go around looking all messed up because of this problem. Socially it's a very hard thing to deal with. Maybe it is harder for me to deal with than it would be for some, but I'm not one of those people who can just shrug something like this off and not mind it too much. ...Also, I guess if my life were a lot better than it is, maybe I wouldn't feel like this could spell the end of my life, but honestly, I don't really have much at all that I want to stay in this world for, and life in America irritates me enough as it is, so if I have to deal with something like this for the rest of my life too, I honestly don't really care to stick around. While there are still things I want to do on Earth, at the same time, I'm also honestly kinda anxious for my life in this world to be over because I know there are much better things in existence besides this horrible world. ...And I actually have very good coping skills already. In fact, pretty much all I do in this world is cope with things. Life in this world seems to be one ongoing unpleasurable, agonizing experience with just a few good things here and there just to make you want to kind of stay here. ...I'm very used to having to cope with things. ...But this is different. I just can't deal with looking like a freak for the rest of my time in this world. If that's the way it's gonna be, I honestly just want to get out now.

But anyway, I will look up this vinpocetine that you're talking about. ...There are a lot of things I can handle and a lot of negative things I do deal with on a daily basis, but really, the only way for me to be able to deal with this particular problem is to eliminate it. Living with it is not an option. There are a lot of stressful factors I can live with, but this is just not one of them.

So please, if you or anyone else reading this post knows of any way to cure this problem, please, please, *please* let me know.
hi Cure4HairLossAndGray, we have the same problem, its been 3years that I this kind of hair loss, I research a lot on this and only a few interest me. Just check in this hair loss treatments centre and hopefully this well help you.
hi
thanks for all of your input and response!! I am still losing and growing hair at a cheaf rate on the right side of my hair.
best  treatment is called Regaine, which will promote new hair growth in all types hair.
I do have the same problem I may be due to alopesia (alopecia)
I have the same issue, on the RIGHT side I am (a little bit) more bald than on the LEFT side. However I have more beard on the LEFT side. What is this?
I have to step in here and say Happy Maine Resident's comments are off-base, belittling and condescending. You know your body best and if you believe something is wrong then you should pursue it with your doctors - sometimes you need to keep pushing and it can be exhausting, especially when you don't feel well to begin with - but it's worth it for your health. Happy Maine Resident - shame on you for diminishing what others are going through and judging - your "advice" could have serious consequences if this person's health goes unchecked because you're writing it off as, essentially, frivolous. Losing hair on one side of your head is NOT normal and it's important to pay attention when you're body is giving you signs that something is wrong. Best of luck to you. Remember, your health is everything - don't let anyone talk you out of taking care of yourself.
I just wanted to say that i struggle with hair loss too on ONE side (hate to say it but it makes me feel betters others go through the same struggle!!) And my advice for Cure4HairLossandGray is pray!!! God does not want us to be living in despair, and as women, we wish to bring beauty to the world, especially through our appearence. This kind of hairloss does point to a deeper healing. I know for myself, the root of this kind of hairloss is a yeast overgrowth, called candidiasis. Basically, our western diet has too much yeast and sugars in it, but it affects every person differently. I unfortunately am a stress prone 23 year old who has an issue with it. I know changing your eating habits and exercise can greatly help. Alicia Silverstone used to suffer from hairloss, poor skin, and other nutritional deficiencies and now she has written a book called the "Kind Diet" which points to foods that are healing rather than harmful to the body. I still eat sugar and breads...it's hard not to, but a good cleanse for 3, or 5, or a week could greatly help you. And of course, like I said, prayer :) I'm a catholic, and have started praying to St. Joseph (Google 30 Day Novena Prayer) or St. Jude. You are not alone everyone :) :) And don't feel bad or silly that you do care so much, it's a natural reaction as women (and men!) to want to be whole and healthy. God bless you.
Well, everyone It's been a struggle to get LOGGED IN here at medhelp but I finally got back to my profile.That being said I just wanted to let all of you know that I am still experiencing right sided hair loss,now along with two more kidney stones,and ongoing testing to find out what is going on with my body.One of the tests that I am having performed,is called "Themoregulatory Sweat Test" or T.S.T. to evaluate my AUTONOMIC system, with this test It shows if your nerve impulses, blood flow and involuntary nervous system is impaired from one side of the body to the other,it is a very long test and it very complicated!! but it will show any imbalances or damage from one side of the body to the other, I'm looking forward to see the results from this test,and will let you know what I find out, It isnt until jan 11th so I'm on a long waiting list but this is something completely new to me,I'm hopeful to get some answers finally!!! Also I am very supportive of Cure4HairLossAndGrey, only you can judge how important you're hairloss is to you're life,I please suggest that you please follow up with a support group or therapist, I have been chronically sick and I too suffer from depression I have sought out a therapist to help me through my illnesses it has helped me a great deal,I hope you too through either here or near your own home you find that support
I thought I was alone on this right side hair loss. Everything is exactly the same, thinning hair, braking off, left side thick and long. But, I also tan only on one side of my body! What is happening. Does anyone experience the tanning situation?
Hi guys

Please only respond to this if you have medical advice, and not metaphysical advice.

I wanted to comment because I am also experiencing hair thinning, but on the left side, instead of like everyone else (which is on the right).  I am not sure if this is because my natural hairline is on that side, but the right side is noticeably thicker. Like other people, I have experienced doctors being a bit indifferent. I don't think people realize how much hair loss can affect a woman's self esteem. I am a 29 year old woman, and am very active and eat very healthy (lots of fresh fruits and veggies, limited meat, plenty of protein).

Within the last year or so, I realized I have been experiencing or have experienced abnormal bodily symptoms, but its hard to pinpoint the problem because there are so many possible culprits. I only know that I feel like I am starting to fall apart!

Brief history
- i have mild psoriasis
- I was a sometimes vegetarian for 5 years then a pesco veg for 5
- I am southeast asian and have a condition common for this group; small red blood cells, its like having anemia. I take mutivits for it. I stopped being a veg, this was about 5 years ago
- when I was 12, I experienced isolated bald spots on the left side crown of my head, which grew back
- I have extremely low blood pressure

Over the last few years I have dealt with fatigue and lack of concentration but have gotten my blood checked which only revealed a slight abnormal reading on my thyroid but not enough to treat. I have also always been very "regular" with my digestion but seemed to have increasing bouts of diarrhea but can't find a consistent reason (ie. gluten, diary, sugar, etc) Starting this year I have started getting bleeding mouth sore and read somewhere that low iron causes it (and indeed, they immediately go away if I take my iron pills).

I was wondering if, because my hair loss is on my left side, it could be linked to testerone levels? A lot of men on forums complain of hair loss on their left side. Also, the one gray hair I have is on my left side.

Any insight into any part of this post would be extremely appreciated! Much support to anyone dealing with any of the same issues!
hi guys, upon drastic research on hair loss which is all our problem here. I found this website laofoyehair.com not only they can cure hair loss they can grow hair naturally too. They were able to stop the spread of alopecia and hair grow back.  I visited their outlet and do their treatments, in just 5 treatments may hair loss stopped and right now I grow hair naturally.
We shared the same problem.  I have search for a cure for hair loss and was so desperate for a solution.  Upon my research, I have learned that dandruff, excess oil in the hair follicles and chemicals from shampoos are one of the factors of hair loss. It makes the hair follicles weak that it don't have enough strength to hold the hair. I found this treatment centre in singapore that have hair detox treatment that cleanse the scalp to promote natural hair growth.  I was so happy that I was able to solve my hair loss problem and right now I am growing more hair naturally.
how did your test go? do you get migraine headaches? I've been steadily losing my hair on the right side only for over four years and I feel like I don't have much longer to go before i'm noticeably bald on the right. I'm female, 36 years old...Your comments sparked some thought about bloodfllow and the possibility that the brain could have somethiing to do with the "right-side-only" business. I'll talk to my neurologist in April, but I'd love to hear if you've found any conclusions to this problem. It's mind-boggling to me and very concerning now that I've had to cut a lot of hair out of the left side of my head to make it look balanced....eyeyeye -shanchan
well everyone, I had my autonomic testing done, hey do a tilt table test,nerve conduction test and whats called a sweat test, they put a orange powder all over your body then put you in a dry sauna type room and you lay there until your body temp hits 100 or until you are sweating enough to trace it on the powder, it took almost four weeks to get the results, and is turns out that I have P.O.T.S syndrome,postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome, I believe that I have suffered from this syndrome for over four years, if not longer, the thing that upsets me the most is my sister a YEAR AND A HALF AGO suggested this illness, made a printout from a website about P.O.T.S. and I took it with me to my then neurologist, well he didn't want to be BOTHERED by what I brought and totally blew off the printout, it was my gastroenterologist who finally took me seriously enough to have this testing done they also found out that I indeed have R.A in my hands and foot!!! again, another Rheumatologist didnt take me seriously and cause I've got fibro, she total blew off any other testing,so it was another year before I found a good rheumatologist all it took was a BONE SCAN to find that indeed I had R.A!!!! make me so made!!!! why dont they LISTEN to us and run the tests they should!!! instead both of those doctors felt it was because of depression and it was a MENTAL thing,THAT drives me NUTS!!!!!!!
Puddles66, I just read all the posts and find I relate to yours most. I too have lost a significant amount of hair on my left side and have gray hair there too. I saw a doctor two years ago for adult acne and at that time told him about my eye lashes that were falling out, mostly on my left side. He said it was seborrheic dermatitis and that if I would wash my hair with this one shampoo and let it sit on my head for 10 minutes, rinse, and do it gain for 10 minutes, and to do that for three days, it would go away. He said the "spores" from the seborrheic dermatitis is what caused my eyelashes to fall out.
So, I have done that off and on for two years. I have an appointment in March to see him again because it isn't working.
It's worse. I think it might be because the Accutane changed my skin and it won't heal like it would have before, but I still don't know why my hair is falling out so much.
I am 50. I had my ob/gyn check my thryoid (with tsh and t4) and my hormones are still within range for perimenopause.
I don't think I have the symptoms of POTS. What is RA? Do you mean Rheumatoid Arthritis?
Did you find out which caused the hair loss on the left side of your head?
what if all of this is a symptom of our computer age? how many of you are right handed and use a mouse for more than several hours a day? also the imbalances between right and left brained activity?

i have been experiencing this too...right side thinning, lighter than left side...

left hemisphere of brain controls the right side of the body, right hemisphere left side of body...

since left brain is logic/thinking function, right side is intuitive, artistic, feeling....perhaps this is yet another physical manifestation or sign of the imbalance of how we are living our lives...controlled by scientific materialistic way of life (computers, etc)... stress on the left side of the brain may be causing this
i'm a 30 yr female and have the same issue. I have a high level of free testosterone that i'm trying to get under control. There are multiple causes for high free testosterone–different from total testosterone serum (mine is normal) We've ruled out pituitary gland, adrenal gland, and PCOS. You should def. get hormones tested.
I have experienced hair loss on my left side shortely after wearing a L.E.D. lighted ball cap . I worked in an attic for 5 hours came out twice to clean my glasses and wipe sweat , neadless my hat was soaked . Anyway the battery back and wires were built in the left side . I didnt notice anythint after my shower that evening but I was horrified the next morning when I looked in the mirror . The baldness was a large circular pattern above my left ear running rectangular to my side burn . I have continued to loose all this side hair but for now I can cover it with the top side hair . I believe this was an electrolysis caused by my lighted hat . No baldness on either side of family's no stress to cause it and if it is cancer that caused it , well than I won't have to fret about baldness .
I have issues with my hair not growing on the left side,this has been going on for a couple of years now, just more noticeable now. I have been taking biotin, using all natural products. I went to the dermatologist because you could visibly see the 2 inch difference in the length of my hair. They have never seen anything like it before. They had some blood work done and it came back normal . So they suggested I see a different dr.  I am so clueless about what this could be. Any info ?
I have the same issue. The right side of my head does not grow and looks much more unhealther. Something is wrong but the doctors are clueless also. I am afraid of going bald on one side.  I am so stressed out about it.
OK LADIES FORGET THE DOCTORS THERE GOING TO BRUSH YOU OFF EVERYTIME OR MAKE UP SOMETHING, BUT WE KNOW OUR BODIES WE 'VE ONLY LIVED WITH THEM SINCE FOREVER. I HAVE THE EXACT SAME PROBLEMS AS ALL OF YOU. The right side of my hair grows at a different rate than the left side. I can tell you i notice a small difference at first in the hair length,than it just progressed. I went to the vein doctor,because my right leg was bigger at the calf. The doctor after running some test,determined i had some serious circulation problems going on,and sealed the main vein on the right side to stop any further complications,the doctor claims i had bad veins and that they are inherited from someone.He also mention that having kids aggravates it and makes the veins worse.Now since that procedure my hair is growing much slower than before,the left side is more than two inches longer,and the texture of my hair feels totally different.This condition i believe, is most certainly circulation issue. Before the procedure to correct my circulation problem i noticed just a little difference,now its a big difference in hair growth and texture.Honestly i know i would have been better off just getting a tod hose for circulation without any procedure.This circulation problem according to the doctor supposely got worse after i had my first son.hope this helps someone
Well, i've registered because i've read almost all of the posts here, and I wanted to share too. But I have a little difference, it's on the left side!
My left side has a thinner hair. People don't believe me, but I really can feel that the volume on the right side is different from the left one.
I'm only 18 years old and i'm a boy. My beard started growing and guess what? The right side, the opposite from the thinner left side hair, has less beard than the left one!
This is driving me nuts it's been almost a year.. I don't know what to do. Last year my right side hair used to grow faster and longer than the left side. But now that process has stopped and i believe the growing is very similar. On the other hand I still feel that something is wrong on the left side. Family and friends tell that is paranoia, but it isn't.
I'm happy to know that this is not only a problem of mine. But I regret that it happen to you too. I've been reading about this about a year, and honestly, I don't believe this has any cure..
This is rare problem i have seen but some medication will help to get rid of the problem.....
I'm 56 and have had less hair on the right side of my head for -- decades?  I think it started in my mid 30s.  I've never been able to grow my hair to shoulder length, because there's such a noticeable difference in density from left and right side.  The past 5 years or so, I've noticed that the hair breaks off much more frequently on my right side, too -- my husband says it looks like I have twice as much on the left side.  I do sleep on my right side of my head...that could exacerbate the problem, but I'd love it if there were a cure for this!
I am a 65-year-old female who recently moved 75 miles away from her doctor to a different community. I am complaining about the same hair loss/thinning on one side of my head.  My new doctor has "adjusted" my thyroid replacement hormone to a TSH level completely out of line with what it's been for over a decade. I now feel terrible, and I was wondering if the hair loss could be related to this issue--but only one side?  I also found some posts about favoring one side while sleeping being related to this issue, and I definitely do favor sleeping on the thinning, slower growing side--my right side.  I am most bothered by how my hair "feels" than how it looks. I keep my hair very short due to pool exercise and swimming to stay as physically fit as possible.  Having my hair hang lower on the left side is very annoying!  I do agree with those women who have chosen to "listen to their bodies."  My last two doctors were outstanding; however, the top doctors in my new community are not accepting new patients. I am really frustrated with getting my new doctor to listen to me when I attempt to explain how I feel and that treating low thyroid is more of an art than a science. The endocrinologist in this practice refuses to see me unless my general practitioner refers me to her. It seems he is my gatekeeper.  I have POS insurance, and have never before had that problem. However, I do agree that point of service medicine, as practiced in our country, is a problem. Medical practices often treat patients like cattle.  Head em in, head em out! Ka-ching!  

I plan an attempt to sleep on my left side, but I do not hold much hope for the effort.  Perhaps I should try to convince my spouse to swap sides of the bed?  I'll check back in later to let you know what happens.  I agree that this is worrisome. We all have more important things to worry about, I am sure; however, if this is a symptom of something else, we want it resolved so that we can enjoy what is left of our lives!
Nice sharing of information's by all the forum members. Hairs are the most important part of your body. It need more care as compare to other parts of body.
Mostly person use chemical shampoo for hair wash and also hard towel for hair dry. These are the factors that causes of hair loss. I think to neglect from these factors can help to reduce hair loss...  
Your half Werewolf?
Your half Werewolf?
32 / Male / Indian - I had my full head of hair till my college 18 Years.I hope after my college when i get into work the hair loss started at 19 or 20 But very very less.I think this is due to my bad diet , bad sleeping habit and smoking. In 24 I was diagnosed with Active Tuberculosis and undergone treatment for 8 months continuously. On that time i had a slightly receded hairline. After this i hope my hair fall increased but not noticeably. this went on for another 4 years till my 28 and still i got a lot of hair. In my 28 I fell into a heavy emotional stress for atleast three months. But it took me around 7 - 8 months for me to recover from that stress.But i noticed a heavy hair shedding after the four or five months of stress. I saw lots and lots of hair in my Pillows, Bathroom and in my hands during combing. Almost 50 - 60 hairs daily. Also I got into a much wierd situation one sided hair loss. I got some nerve entrapment like situation in the right side of my body (Hope due to Smoking along with tuberculosis) and some strange feelings in my scalp like a tight band around my scalp and tingling, Also i got pain only in the right side of the body including face, arms and legs. My right side Jaws become tight, my right side ear aches, My right side throat was very tight, Right Side neck tight and aching and a feeling that my right side scalp has been pulled down.I went to my physician and asked about this and he simply gave me some muscle relaxant tablets and told everything is alright.This goes for another three years and the heavy shedding is continuous till now from the stress for almost four whole years. after the stress the hair fall is like diffused and before that it was a patterned hair loss with receding hair line. Now my left scalp is having more hair than my top and right scalp. I don't know what to do. My doctors saying no problem is now with my health. My dermatologist says the hair density is equal on both sides. But i feel the difference clearly the density is not equal on both the sides of my scalp. now i stopped smoking for one year and my nervous problem i mentioned is looking like reducing constantly upto 80 %.Now my pain in the right side body, face and scalp has been reduced significantly. Now i am eating Raw Onions, Curry Leaves, Sesame Seeds, Indian Gooseberry, Eclipta alba Powder, Centenella Asiatica powder daily for seeing some hair regrowth. Also applying Onion Juice on scalp dialy and Ginger juice weekly once hoping that my hair follicles will be alive as it fell only due to low blood supply to the scalp and due to the illness caused by the nervous problem. I can feel some bumps in my frontal scalp and clear difference between the forehead skin and scalp. I think the bumps may be hair follicles. Also using Coconut oil boiled with Eclipta Alba for hair daily.

I strongly trust that this can be telogen effluvium with MPB and hope if the TE is cured i can regrow some hair. I am doing research in this more than a year to regrow some hair. But i surely don't want to Go for Minoxidil, fin or propecia or any type of chemical pills. I want to choose only herbs or natural treatments.

Now my hair is falling from all the sides, front, back and from the entire scalp diffusely. Lot of small thin hairs are also falling from all sides of the scalp and mainly from the right side scalp near the ears. My two brother are gone 60 % Bald in their end of 30's.But due to the above problems i already 50 % bald in my early 30's. Desparately i need to reverse this. Can anybody help me.

I can give you more details, if you want and I can also upload my Pictures shortly.

I described my story as much as i can. As a recently married i don't want to go complete bald in my Mid 30's. Also I am losing my self confidence to some extent due to this and not able to concentrate in work. And experiencing problems in my social life. I am avoiding friends in Work place and my Child hood friends also.

Please any one help me what type of hair loss, i am suffering from. Will it be reversed with the natural treatments

Ramesh Kumar
thanks for the good tips for the hair loss. i was facing this issue but i wil fix it ,,
Regards
Hi, I've been reading your post and I totally know how you feel,I have the same problem, although my hair is falling out in the front and (of all places) on the sides,I do have a circulation problem with my legs, but I thought it was from smoking, so I stopped,but my hair is so still so thin that when it starts to grow back it gets to an inch and a half and then breaks,I've been to dermatologists and all they do is tell me to get rogaine,my hair is growing on my left side (very thin) but not on my right side. I won't go out or have company over and I hate looking this way,I had beautiful long blonde thick hair, I'm so sick over this, I'm so depressed!My husband is a very  handsome guy and has great hair,I feel like he should find someone else ,someone pretty with great hair so he can enjoy life! At this point which its been 2 yrs. nowI can't enjoy anything,I feel like everyone is starring if I have to go out (which is very rare) my husband even does the shopping,I feel like such a burden and so ugly,I don't want to live like this anymore and I don't know what to do,even my primary doctor has no answers, and when I went to my vascular doctor they didn't think my circulation had anything to do with it. Maybe I need to find a new set of doctors,anyway I just wanted to tell you I do sympathize with you as a female our hair is our crowning glory so without it I feel so ugly!!!!I hope your circumstances get better!!God Bless!                           If anyone has any advice about my hair problem please leave a message! Thanks,Feeling Ugly and Helpless
Hi, I read your post and I too have a low thyroid issue and I don't think my dr. has me on the proper dosage of synthroid,and I was wondering about diet, what kind of diet should we be on to gain healthy hair?? Not one Dr. ever talks about diet or healthy supplements, why is this...I am withdrawing from everything that is important to me,my family friends and yes even my husband cause I feel sooo ugly!!! My hair is falling out in the front,sides and the back on the top of my head!!! I don't want to live like this I absolutely will not!! I wish I had enough hair ,especially where my bangs used to be, to get extensions but there isn't enough hair to grasp on to. I used to be a pretty woman I had long blonde hair, now my head looks like I have gray single strands that are frizzy and wirey,you can see my scalp just by standing in front of me.:( I look sooo old and I'm 50 and thats not soooo old!!!My face has hardly any wrinkles and I never had any work done.I am not ready to wear a wig, thats for sure,as its fine for some women but as for me I'm not comfortable wearing a wig,Also my husbands ex who by the way lives a few blocks from us, has beautiful long auburn hair she looks GREAT for her age and she's older than me but I look way older than her!! So that shot my confidence which I don't have anymore to begin with!!PLEASE PLEASE if anyone got any information that has helped themPLEASE DO SHARE!!!!I think that blood flow might have alot to do with this, but I sure wish there was an answer on how to correct it!!Thanks for letting me unload my feelings!!Hope everyone can find an answer to this problem!! JoannF54
I've just read over all the posts made on this topic as I too am having the exact same problem with the right side of my head (particularly around/behind the ear). I'm 18, male, have been growing my hair for about 4 years and its been happening for about 1-2 years, slowly thinning until it got to the point where today I woke up and was legitimately concerned about it. I've read it could be due to weight loss of 15lbs or more (possible for me as the "freshman 15" I experienced was reversed, instead loosing a lot of weight from the caf food...). I live on my own now, eating very healthy as I've been craving the fruit and veges so lacking at University... so I hope this brings some kind of improvement.
Failing to notice anything else wrong with me (at least from what I can see), that seems to be the only logical explanation. That being said, I highly doubt its the case with only my right side affected.
The post made by right_and_left also rings true for me. I'm studying software engineering and find myself in the same boat, using a mouse for long times, having the logical left side of my brain work more strenuously than the creative right. I wonder why the "loss" of regular function of the creative right side would keep the left growing fine and vice versa... Possible overuse of left?
In any case, I hope my post provides a little more information on this fruitless search.

I am 24 male, and have visible hairloss to the left side of my head.

Not nice, but not letting it ruin my life. Just something you have to research, work on but not accept at the same time while trying to do something about it.

In the meanwhile there are products which can conceal the hairloss such as Caboki or Toppik or Nanogen Nanofibres.
Also can I just say, I know quite a fair amount about hairloss, and many propecia takers of what I read who have this problem seem to say Propecia has not made this any better, which makes me think it is nothing to do with alopecia.

Just want to see if there are any similarities between yourselves and I:

1)  I noticed in the last few months I get dry skin in my hair (not like dandruff) but rather big clumps, do you get this?

2) Do you use fake tan?

3) Do you have a poor posture (i.e shoulders slumped forward, back hurts fairly often?)

4) Does everyone with this problem here have problems with feeling lethargic, lacking energy (nothing to do with fitness levels or amount of sleep)

Hope to nail this one on the head because no doctors seem to know.. why? - because its a rare problem that they dont need to go into depth to solve because its not life threatening, but its our lives
Regards

[url=http://dentalimplantslosangeles.biz]Dental Implants Los Angeles[/url]
Ok guys,

Your 2 main culprits on most cases would appear to either be:

1) Underactive thyroid or possibly an overactive thyroid
2) Lack of iron through your diet

If you do not consume much iron per day of iron, your hair can face an impact from the lack of.
You need to look at getting about 15mg a day. Without supplementation, foods of a green leafy substance are high in iron, red meats, nuts etc

As for your thyroid, while your noticing this strange hair loss, keep an eye on your energy levels. Do you feel constantly lethargic despite having a good diet and getting a good 7-8 hours of sleep a day?

You could have an underactive thyroid. Lack of thyroid being produced is vital in the appearance of skin, nails and hair.

Iodine supplementation tends to be the answer to this but it would be best to see a doctor.

Hope I have helped
I have noticed over the last little bit that I have a patch not a big patch but noticeable on the right side only, I'm thinking it's stress but have no idea I'm only 32 it's by my sideburns and the hair has thinned out the rest of my hair is thick I have no idea what it could be? Happens to anybody else any suggestions or help
Would be greatly appreciated everyones brushed it off as nothing and no big deal but it bothers me
Hey, I get the same thing and its really starting to worry me now. I woke up one day and my hair was shorter on the left side. Like some one had taken a pair of scissors and just hacked a good 6 inches off the left side. I had It all cut to the same length and now it has been 7 months. The right side is growing lovely but the left side won't grow and is still a lot shorter, I have been. Doctors and told them and they don't seem to be taking anything serious and turned down my request for a brain scan. Its making me miserable
what about me, can any1 help plz. now a year with this hair problem, first was hair breaking, after 3 months was then some bald spots which don't grow back until now. after hair the following was itchy biting sensation all over my body and the head. later again was then in my mouth like ulcer, hairy coated tongue which is cracking today. plz adviser, it now 18 months I'm running trough this but don't find any solution. I was in the STD they told me it no concern and in the HIV was the same no concern regarding my exposure  from a nails scratch as I used to test every month and still got negatives results. really this is killing me, can any1 try to guide me to how I can get help. im about to get married in two years coming but I don't want desappoint my father and all the family as I'm away from them. I was to a dermatolog who told me scabies my problem but I still in doubt and the other doctor said that it fleas desease but this was rejected in the lyme desease forum. any1 here an answer about me!!        
recommend trx2 capsules. did help me a lot in regaining my hairline.

www.trx2.com
http://www.trx2.com/store/trx2-capsules/
Take food supplements that has complete package of biotin, niacin, and BCAA as well as potassium which is found in our hair.
Where can I but  a package with all the supplements in it??
I checked the product of Trx2. Yes it has biotin and nicotinic acid and BCAA which are very essential for our hair growth. Maybe it will help you Joannf54 to take this supplement or you can try other one. Nicotinic acid has a proprietary composition of a Minoxidil however this compound is safe to our body.

How many years you are suffering hair loss?
I also am noticing hair loss on my right side of head but i often find myself sleeping on my right side can this possibly be why?
Could it be mobile phone use and the radiation from the phone. Most people are right handed and maybe why the hair loss is predominately on this side. Here in Australia a leading neurosurgeon Dr Charlie Teo spoke out about it and how he was seeing many patients with tumours behind their ears which he is certain is from mobile phone use although the big phone companies say otherwise supported with their biased and probably self funded testing.
http://au.ibtimes.com/articles/337837/20120507/debate-rages-brain-cancer-risk-mobile-phones.htm
Natural growth of the problem, generally a lot of things about the human body are asymmetric, such as left and right - hand - Eyebrow - Eye - etc.
Also possible with hormone levels, psychological factors, etc., relevant.
Some suggest that you can treat hair loss medicine orally, or decoction overall conditioning look, another diet do not eat spicy food, do not eat greasy food, eat sweets, do not stay up late, do not stress too much.
I think that this sounds like onset of full hair loss unfortunately, but I think you're best to visit a doctor and take it from there? Let us know how you get on.
what you did for this? Beacause i am also facing the same issue.
Hi. I am Adam from Malaysia. Sorry for my broken english. I hope u guys dont mind. I also have same problem, as urs. First I though I am 1st person on earth to have this problem but after searching this, many peoples outside there having the same problem as me.

I have answer for this Question:-

1. This problem can be cause by sleeping on right side. which most peoples do. which give pressure on blood on right side. So hair in right side will not healthy when blood not balance as left side. Its science proven. This is the answer. It happen to starting to age 14 to adult. This is the real answer for this case "lossing hair on right side or left side depend on ur sleeping habits but mostly people sleep on right side".

2. When blood is not balance or slow there your that parts will became unhealthy then will have dandruff and unhealthy and itchy scalp, thinning hair, dry hair which cause ur hair easily fall or broken.

Solution to this problem:

1. Try to sleep straight or left side (for while until problem solve, dont lets left start to have problem too so try to sleep straight is best). I know its difficult but nothing is easy in this world. To achieve ur goal, u have to try it.

2. I have try many shampoo and conditionair to solve dandruff, itchy scalp, dry hair etc but its not work. So i try tropica Bioherb (It's Only found in Malaysia and Singapore) since i am Malaysian so i try this. U can try other brand which are specially for hair lose. I think its same too. Lets talk about Tropica Bioherb which came with one shampoo and cream. Both are very cold when u use it. after i use this shampoo my skin problem have solve (dandruff, itchy scalp, dry hair), feel very fresh after using this shampoo. make sure have only can use shampoo 2-3 time per week. I use 2 times. Then every morning and night before sleep after shower i use cream and massage my right side head with this cream 5-10minutes. because ur blood on right side is not active or balance so u have to massage there everyday to make sure it active back. then for sure ur hair will growth back very fast. This cream is help to lossing hair regrowth back faster.

3. Remember main problem, ur right side have less hair coz blood there not balance as left side. So u have to massage there everyday with cream (I use Tropica Bioherb) 5-10 Minutes in morning and night after shower. make sure ur hair aldy dry 70% after shower. then start massaging that side with cream. u can ur wife or sister or kids to massage u just 5-10minutes not big deal.

4. Try to find coconuts water, and massage with it 10-15 minutes just twice a week. and lets coconuts water on ur head for 30minutes. try to take cloths wets it with coconuts water and put on ur head after massaging. i use everyday because in malaysia its easy to find and very cheap about US0.20 200ml. make sure if u massage with coconuts water everyday so just massage with cream 1 time per day no need twice. 2 time s per day consider very fine for ur hair health.

5. Healthy Life: People who have hair problem can be cause by nutrition too. So make sure u eat balance food. Dont take too much junks food. survey show people have hair problem cause by eat junk food, eat very little (Most of skinny People have Hair problem because of too low nutrition). So make sure take healthy food and take amount u that keep u healthy (BMI 19-21). Eat alot fruits, vegetable, meats, Milk, and rich food with protein calcium vitamins.

Try to buy Zinc tablets too. Its help to stop hair fall. So must by this. every human need 50mg zinc per day. So try to buy this too.

Drink alot water, minimun 2little per day. Ur hair dry because too low level of water in ur skin too. So try to drink alot. try to take milk too because it rich with protein and calcium.

Cost (Per Month):-
Tropica Bioherb (Shampoo & Cream): US40
Coconuts water: US10
Zinc table: US5
Total Cost Me: About US55

Duration to see result: 6month to 1year depend on level of critical problem. I have problem since age 15, now i am 25, i starting using this method at age 24. which means 10 years i never find a ways to solve this. so in my case its take 8-9months to see good result.

One more thing never lazy and never give up. I am sure every problem need hard work. Thats the solution for every problem.

to ask me more detail please email me ***@****. I will try to explaine to u more detail if i have time. Sorry for my english. I hope u guys understand what i means. I just try to help u guys. because i have same problem too. But now its solve. within 1 years. Dont worry every problem have solution if u can understand what cause it. to make sure u have good result never miss everything i explaine above. Thanks

I have answer for this Question:-

Solution to this problem:

Cost (Per Month):-
Tropica Bioherb (Shampoo & Cream): US40
Coconuts water: US10
Zinc table: US5
Total Cost Me: About US55

I have answer for this Question:-

Solution to this problem:

Cost (Per Month):-
Tropica Bioherb (Shampoo & Cream): US40
Coconuts water: US10
Zinc table: US5
Total Cost Me: About US55

Because u sleep on left side.
read my comment below