Hair Loss (Alopecia) Community
stunned hair growth

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Hair Loss (Alopecia).

stunned hair growth

Dear Doctor, I'm 31 years old and have shoulder length hair.when i was young i used to have very long and thick hair but once when i was 13, i visited a hair dresser and citing that my hair looks very unmanageable,she cut the hair above my nape to cut down its thickness.ever since i have been suffering from hair fall and the original thickness was lost. now my hair hardly seems to be growing. i had a haircut 9 mths back and since then it has grown only 1 inch. i naturally take a protein rich diet and have taken many iron n zinc supplements in the past in order to improve my hair growth but in vain. i even went to a trichologist and did a scalp test and they said i have more falling hairs than growing hairs and also each follicle has only 1-2 hairs growing in it instead of a healthy 3.but the treatment given by them( at home application of hair oil,serum,shampoo,etc) caused allergies and drowsiness.so after 2 mths of product use i discontinued those products. so please give me a solution for my problem,please.
Tags: hair loss
Hi there!

Well, without knowing the relevant clinical details or a detailed clinical evaluation it would be difficult to comment specifically on the situation. This could be a normal phase of hair growth cycle where majority of hair follicles are in the shedding stage and is likely to recover well over the next few months. Other possibilities that may need to be considered include infections, folliculitis, hormonal imbalance, hypervitaminosis A, some autoimmune diseases such as lupus, medications side effect, endocrine disturbances, a few metabolic conditions, micronutrient deficiencies etc. I would suggest consulting a dermatologist for an evaluation for the above mentioned causes for an appropriate treatment.
Hope this helps.

Take care!