Hair Loss (Alopecia) Community
why wont anyone help me? does hair stop growing at a certain length

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Hair Loss (Alopecia).

hi does hair stop growing at a certain length or will it keep growing your whole life. i read that hair only grows in the growing stage for 2-7 years then falls out and starts again. im just wondering because i had long hair then lost alot of hair and had to get it cut to my colar bones. will it grow back or have i had my chance at long hair??
Hi!
Yes, your hair will grow back. All the hair do not grow at the same time nor are they shed at the same time. So at each instant you will have some hair growing and some falling. In the natural process this growth and shedding is maintained in such a way that the usual thickness is maintained. Take care!
Hi!