Happy Healthy...or so I thought...RA young adult User Group
Im not sure- But very frustrated.
About This Group:

I am wondering if i am alone out here. As anyone else with Rheumatoid Arthritis I have a laundry list of ailments and medications all managed by my fabulous Rheumatologist...*insert thank you note here** I have gone through some phases so far of this disease: Denial (which was silly and quickly had 3 Dr.s all agreeing that I need to start RA meds), Confusion, resolved with Education, Depression (caused by the Education), now I am nearing Acceptance. Anyone else out there? I am only 27.. just doesn't seem fair. I know neither is life, however, why is it that no one understands my constant pain? Why do people think i am in a bad mood when i forget to wear my mask? its not that i promise it's only the 10 new nodules on my hands, the redness, the fevers, sleepless nights, the swelling, the embarrassment of not being able to move my hands or feet or shoulder or neck! Cant they see I tried to put on my mask today, its just that my hands stopped working half way to the finish line! Please if I am not alone here I'd love to hear your story of your mask that you put on everyday.

Founded by Addy569 on December 27, 2009
15 members

Im not sure- But very frustrated.

I hate to ask but- Im 25- and was thinking I have to be too young for RA.   I have been going through some things lately, and without insurance, dealing with a county doctor- who I cant waste an entire day waiting to see everytime this pain gets excruciating. I am frustrated.

I was told last time that it was tendonitous. Which i had in one arm since I was 12 so- figured that has to be it. I was put on neproxin. Then aleve. icing my arms down all the time. But i think he hasnt addressed everything.
There is this recurring pain in my arm and in my legs. What i thought might be from being out of shape= clogged arteries maybe??? It feels like - almost like a burn. just when you touch the skin. and it feels bruised. and it hurts. Sometimes my hands and feet will go numb. Obviously its not normal but Im not getting any answers.
worried it will get worse. worried about alot. Not sure where to go= Im about willing to pay out of pocket to figure it out= but i dont want to be bounced around by doctors who dont know what it is= but are going to bill me anyways!
SO FRUSTRATED   ive googled= I get everything From RA to Lime disease. why isnt anyone at least ruling these things out?
1 Comment
Well I am so sorry that you are going through this without insurance I know that must make things sooo much harder! Your body will change from  12 to 25 drastically, so i wouldn't count on it being just tendonitous. Do you qualify for assistance through Medicaid? (you would be surprised at who qualifies..) Anyhow, the lime disease would be contracted through being bitten by a tick...so unless you've been camping.... or live in the woods i wouldn't count on that being correct! Now the RA will typically have very distinct SYMMETRICAL features * meaning if it is on one side it will be on the other! For instance both of my hands, both feet, both shoulders, on and on have been affected by the RA. unfortunately, there is not one single test that can tell you if that is what you have... however, there is one single DOCTOR that can...you need to see a Rheumatologist to get a proper diagnosis. Now if they feel that this will need further testing they will send you to a Neurologist (for example) if they think it could be a nerve related issue. Typically with RA it does not cause numbness, but other similar autoimmune diseases DO, such as MS. I would definitely get this checked out and keep going to the Dr until they are able to give you answers, you must take good notes and be your own advocate!  I found that it is much easier to try to ignore it but far more detrimental to your health.
Honestly the only reason i continued going to the Dr. was because i promised a friend of mine that I would until they figured it out. Now since that promise was made my friend has passed away at the age of 30. She died from cancer that the Dr.s had missed, she knew something was still wrong and waited a year to get it checked out again...by that time her cancer was already at a Stage 4. She fought very hard but did not win her battle. The moral of that story is had she trusted her gut and gone to a different doctor when she knew something was still wrong, maybe she would be alive today. Please please get it checked out and let me know how it turns out.
Crisneke joined this group
Welcome them!
Oct 14
michelleusam is ... doing ok i guess,how... Comment
Jul 18
michelleusam joined this group
Welcome them!
04/13