Head & Neck Cancer Expert Forum
jaw pain?

Questions posted in the Head and Neck Cancer Forum are answered by medical professionals from Healthcare Magic.

jaw pain?

hi there. for 2 weeks now i have right jaw pain. it lasts all day long but it is worse in the morning.first it hurts to yawn but after 2-3 hours it hurts to chew. also while experiencing jaw pain, my right ear tends to hurt. i had a history of grinding my teeth in my sleep when i was younger but i don't think i do it anymore or at least my boyfriend hasn't noticed it and we are sleeping together. can it be anything serious?
1 Comment
I recently had this problem and it was my sinuses! I was having pain in my ear too, and this is what tipped me off that it wasn't a tooth or jaw problem. I took four Mucinex a day and did nasal irrigation with a neti pot. I think I also used Sudafed for a day to help dry everything up. Hope this helps!
A related discussion, answer was started.