Head & Traumatic Brain Injury Community
30 foot fall
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Head & Traumatic Brain Injuries.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

30 foot fall

My stepson fell through a skylight to a wood gym floor 3 stories below (approximately 30 feet) landing on his back breaking multiple vertebra, rupturing his spleen, and hitting his head again the floor causing damage to the frontal and occipital lobe. This has been about 3 years ago. Ever since recovering from the fall he has not been the same. Motor skills and functions seem normal, vision, smell, taste, etc. all seem normal too. What I am mainly concerned about is his behavior. Since the accident he seems to care nothing about himself or others around him. His emotions and actions are all over the place ranging from extreme anger, to ambivalence. He has dropped out of school and has no motivation to do anything besides play video games and smoke pot. He even goes sometimes weeks without bathing. Furthermore he refuses to seek any type of medical treatment.
I am writing this to ask if with time will his behavior towards others improve without treatment and if not what can I do to get him the treatment he needs?
I also wanted to say that the Doctors that treated him said that "Sheering of the Brain" had occurred.
Will normal brain activity be restored in time?
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Head & Traumatic Brain Injury Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
How to Silence Your Inner Critic an...