Head & Traumatic Brain Injury Community
3rd ventricle and lateral are dilated

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Head & Traumatic Brain Injuries.

3rd ventricle and lateral are dilated

hi I just had an MRI it says everything is normal, however the 3rd ventricle and lateral were dilated, and there was NO mass lesion detected..but it says obstructive hydrocephalus..now I'm confuse..how calm the passage of CSF was block if there is no mass liason..I'm worried..please help thanx
Hi!
Well you can have obstructive hydrocephalus even though you have no tumors or cysts. This can happen due to brain bleeds and due to stenosis in the pathways of CSF flow. If third and lateral ventricles are both dilated then the stenosis or bleed has happened before the third ventricle. Please discuss with your doctor immediately. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.
hi thanx for the response. If the cause is bleeding or stenosis. What would be the treatment? Can this be treated through medication or do I really need to have a shunt implant? thanx again