Adderall for TBI patients
My 79 year old father sustained a TBI when he was knocked out for about 20 minutes.  He is on Namenda and Plavix, is it possible that Adderall could help with his  short term memory loss.  Before the accident he lived on his own.  
Namenda is used to treat Alzheimer's dementia. This suggests a positive diagnosis for Alzheimers. Find out if this is so.

Plavix is a controversial drug. It prevents clotting. It also increases the possibility of a stroke from a bleed.

One question in my mind is whether he had a stroke which caused him to fall, or he fell and struck his head and sustained a concussion or bleed inside the brain which, in turn caused the dementia. You need to question his physicians.

Adderall is a stimulant, and the idea that it might increase awareness is not unreasonable, however it will also cause agitation, nervousness and sleeplessness.
I had a traumatic serious head injury, ive went to 2 hospitals got mneded up. got sectioned * to a psychiatric hospital, let out and basically left to get better. I sorta feel i can go backwards at any time at all times. so close to being able to go nuts or free...but which is which.  please help me Dawn    ***@****