Head & Traumatic Brain Injury Community
Alcohol effects on brain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Head & Traumatic Brain Injuries.

Alcohol effects on brain

Hello, Im a 19 years old guy, and im kinda hypochondriac as a type of person. I recently discovered that alcohol can damage brain development, and thought if I could be somehow been affected by this; because I used to drink since i was like 14, not everyday, but often on saturday(and sometimes during the week) to the point you are drunk. I was also used to puke after drinking alot, always, so that I never had a day to "metabolize" the alcohol completely, getting rid this way of the hangover of the day after too

Now my question is simple. How can I know if I damaged my brain development through drinking?

Do you need to ask me something else in order to be able to asnwer my question? If so dont hesitate to ask, please!

Thank you very much.
Probably wrong category, I apologize for that.
While most people are familiar with the short-term physical effects of alcohol on the human brain, few people realize some of the long-term effects of alcohol are permanent and incredibly disabling to the brain, and can cause physical and mental impairment for life. The effects of alcohol when a driver gets behind the wheel, places the lives of others as well as his/her own at risk.