Aa
A
A
Close
Blood Clot Brain, Right Parietal Subdural hematoma
My baby daughter died 4 months ago of a right parietal subdural hematoma. After reviewing more of hermedical reports, I saw they found a clot which consisted of "blood, layered fibrin, and calcified fragments.." Was this there already or a result of the hematoma?? I just need answers, please someone explain this to me....
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
1245625 tn?1268620499
I don't know if you've gotten an answer to your question, but I'll give it a shot.  A hematoma is simply a collection of blood outside a blood vessel. A very common hematoma is a simple bruise.  After a bruise, the blood will form a clot that is made of red blood cells, fibrin ( a sticky matrix that holds it all together) and the calcified fragments are bits that have hardened.  If a clot such as this forms in an artery in the brain, it can cause stroke or even death.

I'm very sorry about your daughter. I know how difficult it is to lose a baby. You will eventually get to the place where you will remember your baby with sweetness and love. Right now it's just pain, but that will ease.

Ramona
Comment
Cancel
1245625 tn?1268620499
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Head & Traumatic Brain Injury Community Resources
Top Neurology Answerers
620923 tn?1452919248
Blank